Phosphate checkers

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Twin seen, 14 May 2014.

1. Twin seen

Twin seen

Hi all. I'm sure this topic has come up before but please bear with me. I'd like some advice as which test kits are more accurate for detecting phosphates? From what I can tell there are two types of pho spam to check for I.e. "Salifert's kit and most other kits only measure inorganic phosphate. The Merck/Deltec kit and colorimeters measure orthophosphate which is what gets metabolized".

I use the salifert kit. I am concerned however about my phosphate levels specifically for sps corals. From what I understand you need to test for orthophosphate for sps corals. Am I right? Colorimeters are very expensive so I'd like to know how you guys with sps corals test for orthophosphates? Is there a cheaper option?

Thanks

2. Guest

3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Twin seen likes this.

Recent Posts