Phos Remover

Reaction score
Hi all, want to connect up the two little fishies Phos reactor that I got with the tank, but want to replace the filter media first. What do you guys sugest I use in it. Read the thread on chemi-pure can I put this in there insted of rowa..

Reaction score
sorry one more thing could a person put seachem purigen in that two little fishie thingy or should a person only use rowaphase in the

Mekaeel

Reaction score
sorry one more thing could a person put seachem purigen in that two little fishie thingy or should a person only use rowaphase in the
sorry not too sure about the way Purigen is run (no experience with it).but it is fine to run more than one type of p04 remover on a system :)

Reaction score
I just have a small hang on filter in my sump with a purigen bag in it. Runs permanently.

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
You could put purigen in there if you really wanted but you don't need to. If you have a small tank you can buy the purigen already in a bag and just put it in a high flow area in your sump.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Seachem Phosguard, I prefer it over all other media I have used because it is in the shape of little round balls and they tumble nicely in the reactor.

Reaction score
Thanks viper357 so Seachem Phosguard it is in the reactor and will look at putting a small filter in the sump with purigen in it thanks for all the advice

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Just watch out when it first comes into contact with water that you don't burn yourself...

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
viper do the balls break up and turn to powder...?
Definitely not, I have been running it for a couple of months and there is no dust/powder/mud at all.

It just needs a bit of a rinse in some water first to remove whatever dust is in there from the manufacturing process, after that it's fine. I have used a couple of others and won't use anything else now.