PHAROS 90W and 130W - Led Owners Club

If you cycle through the SRC button on the controller you can choose to have just white, just blue or white and blue. Just want to make sure you have both white and blue on.

Yip , have cycled through those .
I currently have 2x 130w with one 90w in between and not working too badly. ( think lcds might have aged a bit ) Paid too much, but got 2 x 90w with only white with them that I thought I could fix for when I go to a 1,8m in January. But having doubts about spending any more money on them, rather take a knock and sell them and get something a little better.could have got a stock 6600 for 4K , paid 6 for these. And no spares available

IMG_4633.JPG

Before
&
After
Just need to get a controller now
I am currently running it on my 1.2m cube x 80cm high
Totally loving these lights

IMG_20170118_192504.jpg

IMG_5061.JPG
Okay , so no thanks to the agents, made a plan and lifted lights with Tank mounts. Took away the 90w and just running 2 x 130w at moment. Much better light spread, but the purple leds are just too artificial and don't blend in with the light spectrum.
I think I am going to change those led to something like a total blue.
Still getting a damn shock every time I touch the lights by mistake.

IMG_5061.JPG
Okay , so no thanks to the agents, made a plan and lifted lights with Tank mounts. Took away the 90w and just running 2 x 130w at moment. Much better light spread, but the purple leds are just too artificial and don't blend in with the light spectrum.
I think I am going to change those led to something like a total blue.
Still getting a damn shock every time I touch the lights by mistake.

With all due respect, your have bought a bunch of unknown units secondhand, some working, some not, going for cheap second-hand deals, We ensure to carry a full range of spares to support our clients that have bought full systems through us.We will try our best to support secondhand buyers BUT only after we ensure we can service our direct clients.

We told you it depends on how the stock goes and we were prepared to help. Looking at the picture you posted you are wasting these units. You don't need 2 x 130W units for that tank if they are the PHAROS we sold you.

We have had a round of rogue units doing their rounds in SA and could not find any evidence of these units purchase through REEF AQUATICS. be careful.

Contact us we will advise you how to correctly set up these units

Email comms below supports above:

upload_2017-3-8_20-53-52.png

upload_2017-3-8_20-54-39.png

Last edited:
So I decided to change the red ( not purple ) and green leds to blue. While the lights are away I connected up my 2 x 90w , and their color balance is more to my liking. The lights do have lenses in, presumable wide angle , but as you can see they need to be much higher. Can't wait to have all 5 of these running on a big tank.
IMG_5108.JPG

Anyone else experiencing a current going through their lights ?
I wonder if isolating the aluminum joining rods from the lights with a rubber washer would help ?

most likely salt spray causing the stray current. Wipe all lights down with a wet cloth.

look into setting up an earth probe as well.

And it seems you need another light unit in the middle. Dark area in the middle.

IMG_5176.JPG
IMG_5175.JPG
So I couldn't change the red leds , but they don't look too bad .
So I isolated the rails and the screws joining the lights , current is gone.
Running 2 x 130 up high in front , and 2 x 90w at the back.
I do have a large central brace that kills lots of light unfortunately

Can anyone help please , even if I set both my blue and white time points to 100% the auto mode doesn't go higher than like 76%. Cloudy is off, so not sure why they aren't going to 100% ?

Back
Top Bottom