PH Pen

AndreT

Retired Moderator
Sponsor
Reaction score
Who uses pH pens? And are you happy with it, what brand do you use, how much was it and do you consider it a good investment?

Be careful with what type of PH pen you buy, I bought a Hanna PH checker (take note it was a "checker" not a "meter") Biggest load of junk I ever bought :(

Thanks for the heads up Viper. What the hell is a checker by the way?

A cheap useless non-working version of a meter :lol:

I dunno, they seem to be a lot less accurate and designed more for giving you a rough guideline as to what your PH is, whereas a meter will give much more accurate, dependable readings.

Mine says 8.3/8.4 all the time so I'm happy. Don't use it that often. My pH just "is" I don't fiddle with it.

I have also been lucky with my pH, never had a problem.

But I figured, if I'm gonna pay R150 for a pH test kit, then, if a pH pen is about R300 - R400 I might as well by the pen instead.

whats a decent PH pen to buy?

To be honest, I spent a fortune on a pinpoint PH meter, I think I used it maybe 4 times, now I just switch it on when I am bored and have nothing else to do, maybe once every 2 weeks.

LOL nice viper:)
I have never had a problem with Ph only nitrate;) so i dont use a PH pen and i normaly check once a week

All I really want is something that I dip into the water every now and then and get a reading.

Would love to Mekaeel, but I think they will be a bit steep for me.

Also, I want to use it on several tanks.

Gali, i know aquilibra was going to bring them in. I would rather use the pen, its a hell of a lot cheaper, and you can use it on a series of tanks.

How hard is it to test ph - 5ml in test tube, 1 drop and check the color chart? 20 seconds maybe. With the TM test kit I can tell the diffs between 8.2 and 8.4 without looking at the chart....

Back
Top Bottom