pH, Ca & C02

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Ross, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Ross

Ross

Hey Guys

I currently have my pH probe in my sump as I keep forgetting to bring my C02 unit back from Idol when I go there. The Ca reactor is just ticking over.

I know the idea is to put the pH probe in the Ca reactor, then set it at 6.5. Any changes and the C02 should sort that.

What would happen if I leave the probe in the sump, surely pH changes will affect the C02 in the same way and trigger the solenoid, or am I way off. (I just like seeing the 8.2 on the display :whistling: )

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Howzit Ross! By setting the PH meter at 6.5 for your reactor, it will switch on at 6.5 and then off at what ever value you set it to. By placing the probe in your sump, it will read the value of the PH in the system and therefore run the Co2 all the time. If you do not want to use the PH meter on the CArx, just keep testing Alk of the tank and adjust your drip rate and bubble counter accordingly.

4. Ross

Ross Thread Starter

Thanks Makaeel, makes sense.
    Will see if I can have a second pH probe on the ProfiLux for the tank, but this one will go in the reactor and run the C02.

5. Ross

Ross Thread Starter

Sorry, almost double post, my router keeps dropping so thought the first one did not go through. Going to fix it with a hammer in a minute.

6. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

No problem Ross :)

Recent Posts