Pete's Part of the Ocean Diary

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks' started by Pete, 10 Nov 2010.

1. Pete

Pete

Ok, so I have decided to open a thread on my tank and use it as a diary as there are a couple of things I am changing and testing. Will add picks a bit later when I get a chance. But to start things off with.

I have added 3 of Brightwell Aquatics products to the system to see how they work.

NO1 - Phosphat R (Regenerable) phosphate adsorption resin running in a PHR-100 reef octopus phos reactor. So far the only down side to them is the beads are very small, been running for two weeks now.

NO2 - Organit R (Regenerable) Dissolved organic absorption resin also running in a PHR-100 reef octo phos reactor. And oh my soul my water has never been so clear:thumbup:. Decided to test this as have read and heard that carbon not only removes the yellowing of water but also some of the good trace elements.Down fall here is the same as the phosphate r the beads are tiny. Added same time as the Phos R.

NO3 - Katalyst (Pelletized Bioreactive Filtration Media) Brightwells version of the NP Biopellets. The Pellets look like little pearls and unlike the other pellets this one gives you better instructions and Guidelines (In systems with less than 5ppm NO3 and 0.02ppm po4/3, respectfully employ 1g of katalyst per 2 Us-gallons of tank water.) Now worked out on a system of 500L one uses 66g of Katalyst. At first the pellets all clogged together and went to the top of the reactor. But once they had soaked up enough water and where given a good couple of swirls and shakes they are now tumbling lovely. They are in a ZFI-1000 External Zeolith reactor (Reef Octo) nad have been running now for three days. will keep all posted on the progress of this one.

As mentioned I will add pics a bit later

Last edited: 10 Nov 2010
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Sounds interesting lets see your setup then :p

4. Sentari

Sentari

Awesome Pete! thinking of going that route soon. Please keep us updated on your progress!

5. costa

costa

Following this thread with great interest Pete!
    I want to employ something similar in my setup.
    Will tag along to see the results of the Brightwell products.Keep us posted Pete!:wave2:

6. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

It's been a long time since you posted any info on here... How are the Brightwells products doing?

And where are the pics?

7. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

:whistling:

Recent Posts