Pet Stop need your assistance.

Discussion in 'Pet Stop SA' started by Moolis Moolman, 14 Jul 2011.

1. Moolis Moolman

Moolis Moolman Pet Stop SA Sponsor

We need your assistance PLEASE!

We are currently evaluating all the changes we made to our business plan for the new shop. But is it what you our VERY IMPORTANT CUSTOMERS NEED /WANT or are we missing the point?????
    We will not know unless we get some feedback from you:p, so could you PLEASE answer the following questions as honest as possible.

1. Where would you rate Pet Stop regarding the following:
    a. Product range?
    b. Staffs competence?
    c. Competitive prices?
    d. Shop layout?
    e. The effectiveness of having departments with dedicated staff in them?

2. What do you think Pet Stop is doing different / better than other pet shops?

3. And then the nice one – If you were in charge of Pet Stop, what would you do different / change?

4. Other comments that you feel you could share with us?

Do understand that your answer would not be seen as an attack, but rather as a pointer as to where we need to go in the future:blush:. WE WANT TO MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN Pet Stop THE BEST WE CAN :thumbup:

If you have not seen the new shop but still want to give us ideas and feedback of your general impressions of pet shops or Pet Stop before the fire, PLEASE do so and indicate this somewhere in your answers.;)

Pm or email your comments to moolis@petstopsa.com PLEASE

Last edited: 14 Jul 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Moolis Moolman

Moolis Moolman Thread Starter Pet Stop SA Sponsor

Feedback

I am starting to get replay's - thanks!!

But the rest of you - PLEASE do the effort. Every reefers would benefit from your replay's.

If you do not know Pet Stop - BAD:( you could still tell us what you hate AND love of your local marine shop! We could still learn from that:p

4. Moolis Moolman

don't forget to send me info

the guys that did do the effort THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Been there last night, so now I can comment.
    In the short time since you re-opened, you really got a nice variety of fish stock in. Not only marine, also freshwater. Nicest blue guppies I ever saw in my live, wow.
    I find it pointless to walk into a shop and see 500 clowns and 100 yellow tangs (for example) and only a few other species.

Just need to redo the names and prices off the fish on the tanks. The black marker pen does not work. Cannot see it clearly. Maybe blue or red?

And Narvachus, soon.

6. jaquesdp08

jaquesdp08

Free stock ?

Always been happy with the serivice i got.. will order again in summer.. dont think the fish will survive the cold overnight trip

7. Tony

Tony

Very decent to look for criticism in order to improve. You dont see that often. I was there a month ago but your coral tanks werent set up as yet. The fish side looks nice along with the nice full shelves of goodies. I personally think more equipment on display like skimmers, lights, reactors etc, so guys know what can be ordered and is available. We are after all reefers and we love to perve at gadgets even if we cant afford half of it. If you have done that since I visited then no problem.

We also need a branch in Jo'burg:)

8. Moolis Moolman

Feed back

Forget the angels and pick up the nenies :lol:

Thanks for the feedback - agree on the names / contrast:p

9. Moolis Moolman

Feedback

Winter is for bears:p

10. Moolis Moolman

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for taking the time to post.:thumbup:

the only way we could up our game is if you guys tell us, so we have to take it on the nose where we deserve it:p

Goodies on shelves - working hard on that:blush:

JOBURG? I battle to manage 1 "tiny" marine shop, another...........:whistling: We are actually bussy with a medium to long term plan that would make all of you:1:

11. Tremayn

Tremayn

Have never been to your shop because Im on the other side of the province.. but would like to see you with a branch in more central JHB :) ..

What I hate most in a shop is bad service.. I know shops can get busy and stuff but I have been to some shops were they treat you like crap, needless to say we just left :)

12. Mc

Mc

I came to your shop for the first time this week and was impressed.:thumbup:
    I think you could still get a better range of stock and label things a bit better.
    I like to see a shop with clean tanks, and think its very good that you post
    on masa alot with your stock and specials as alot of people like myself live quite far and might not take the time to drive out so far but when I saw the mini anemones and clams I had to come have a look.

Specials are always good.;)

13. AndrévN

AndrévN

Let me say this. I like the following of 2 shops i regularly visit as they are very close. I get superb service from them, I have dedicated staff that always helps me, so when arrive i get greeted basically at the door so to speak as they know my name and if they cant help straight away the come over and tell me to have a look and they'll be over soon. And they make me feel good, as im spending when im happy. Its like Tremayn says a happy customer is a spending customer. I hate walking into a shop browsing and stand around for 30min to even speak to someone, thats me out the door doesnt matter how keen i am on anything, secondly friendly staff, they dont always have to be professors thats the owners responsibility but being helpfull is a BIG plus.
    As for the marking of the corals and the PRICING being dispalyed so when we browse we can see what the stuff costs. Ive seen them putting pricelists next to the holding tanks where we can freely look at pricing, so it aint necessary to be stuck onto the glass.
    In general ive had some great service at the PET STOP shop. :thumbup: In the old shop i know of a couple of times when i did visit the staff would not even bother coming over to ask if they can help although they are around talking to each other. Exception and not the rule though. NOW i have regretfully not been over to the new shop and planning a visit soon as i found a guy that needs me to stock his tank and service it hence forth since his seen my setup, so you'll see me soon. As i know you have some serious sharp pencils regarding pricing HEHEHE.

So the plus points in your favour:
    Pricing definitely.
    Specials !!!!!! out of this world and we still need to meet another shop doing this.
    Your personal knowledge, exceptional.
    Wanting to bl.....sem me few years ago, HELL YEAH, keeping it professional and didn't YES.
    Being honest and staright forward YES.
    Helpfullness in general great.

Down sides
    Prompt email and or pm replies, poor and being busy is no excuse as couple of us lost on some serious specials as we also work and live far. Especially with the traffic from our side to you.
    Your new delivery policy, shit. FOR MANY FAR AWAY REEFERS and we all see the replies from them.
    Your shops location and distance for MOST. Im in Springs and its 100km, cant even imagine the others LOL with traffic. Although the reefers puts in serious effort for the specials.
    Your site being down for us to check out pricing, it did help in planning.

14. Tony

Tony

Intereasting. We need someone like you in Jo-burg. The guys here think we are millionnaires with the prices some of them charge.

On the other hand is the service. When I was at your shop after not being there for a while:blush:, Shaun even remembered my name which is great for personalised service. That's not a crtitcism but a compliment

15. AndrévN

AndrévN

+3

16. Moolis Moolman

Feedback

Hi guys

Thanks Max - Mc - Tremayn for the feedback :thumbup:

Your honesty and candid answers do help us a lot!!!

Got some PM's - guys that is great we are busy making a list of all our "good and bad" points so THANKS.

Look out for some small changes happening over the following weeks, :whistling:

We will be on the ball soon = Back and better than ever:lol:

17. Fanie

Fanie

Forget Joburg what about Cape town:p

18. Moolis Moolman

CT

If I look at the posts on this forum by sponsors, CT are over exposed to the marine trade. Am I wrong?:blush:

AND Joburg ............. so many small guys competing / price cutting against each other that the retail shops are thinking of closing / down sizing their marine departments.:(

Glad I started in Pta..:p

19. xtreme

xtreme

help me to help you:whistling:

Recent Posts