Pet Expo

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I see there is a "Pet Expo" this weekend at the Coke a Cola Dome ...... Anyone know if there is a Marines section??? Any of the sponsors involved???

I know that there was talk of combining the pet expo with IMAVSA at one stage but it did not fit the profile. I am fairly certain that there is a fish side to it however I suspect it will be mainly mainstream FW stuff available. i am sure you can predict there should be some marine equipment. If you see anything let us know and post pics, i am quite keen to see how big it is, layout etc.

I know of one pet shop from JHb that will be there but they are not a sponsor.

Muz

I'd rather say its a hobby - but it would be nice to see some reefers there - especially to inspire - heh sponsors

I was at the House and Garden show in Durbz a few weeks ago. I was thinking it would have been a great idea to have Marine stall there.If im not mistaken, Northlands had one sometime back?

I wonder if this is where AKWA will have their new Seachem agency on show?

Last edited by a moderator:
yup yup - one of the biggest pet companies. i am hearing via the rumour mill that they are expecting their 1st 40ft container of Seachem sometime in August.

Gauteng somewhere. i know they have a depot in CPT.... not sure about the rest of the country. They made their deal with Seachem at InterZoo this year

Henk, is AKWA a South African company?

yup yup - one of the biggest pet companies. i am hearing via the rumour mill that they are expecting their 1st 40ft container of Seachem sometime in August.

I recently purchased a bucket of AKWA salt under duress. It was not cheap and the indicated weight was 3kg and actual weight 2kg. The shop assistant however did point out that it had been labelled incorrectly. I did a water change tonight, and this is the result. Any ideas... corals are all oozing mucous... a wee bit concerned.

IMG_0378-1.jpg

looks like a snow storm, like when kalk is overdosed. could it be a similair situation?
hope all is ok!

Gauteng somewhere. i know they have a depot in CPT.... not sure about the rest of the country. They made their deal with Seachem at InterZoo this year

Mean to say we be able to get regular supplies of Seachem in JHB and not just TM and Sera :clap:

I recently purchased a bucket of AKWA salt under duress. It was not cheap and the indicated weight was 3kg and actual weight 2kg. The shop assistant however did point out that it had been labelled incorrectly. I did a water change tonight, and this is the result. Any ideas... corals are all oozing mucous... a wee bit concerned.

Ouch, that doesn't look good, obliviously something wrong there. Good Luck and hopefully the corals handle it

Back
Top Bottom