Pesky wrasse

Reaction score
How do I get a green wrasse out of my tank. He's bullying my other fish. I’ve had a trap in the tank for three weeks now, he won’t go near it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Only an idea but maybe try putting a small rock in the trap for him to go check out,I assume hes a hunter ?
I got 6 differant wrasse & i doubt any of them would be able to leave a new rock alone without sniffing all over it,a new rock with zoa's on hiding goodies especially.

He should be hiding under the same rock if you try to catch it. Take that rock and place it inside a plastic bag Get him close to the plastic and once you try to catch him again he should go hide under the rock which is now inside the bag just try to close the bag quickly before he gets out. I caught my firefish that way as they are to fast for the net.

make the strong intention to catch a different fish in your tank , and focus all ure energy on that fish , youll catch the green wrasse :whistling:

He has been there for three weeks, how much harm has he caused. Maybe just leave him be. Lol

Finally lured him into the trap and happily, he now shares a new home with plenty of other wrasse!

:lol: congrats! How did you manage to catch him eventually?

I ended up putting all food in the trap, no problem, as all the other fish fed in there. I think finally he was so hungry, he just had to join in!

Hi there .I have the same problem to catch fish. I have build Perspex cube:l 150mm x H 150 x W100 . One side have up down gate (door) connected with thin cotton. I leave it in tank for 2-3 days for fish to get used to with doors open and some food inside. Then is very simple : put food inside door is open with cotton string in your hands while siting in front of tank.Than just wait max. half hour . Fish inside let loose the string .All finish

Back
Top Bottom