Perc 90 from the Midlands

WOW Rob, great looking tank there - love the scaping! Ditto to what Crispin asked - do you have a closed loop system?

This reply is for you as well crispin.

No closed loop just what you get with the perc. I put in an addituional 2 MJ1200, but in the process of changing them to the sun wavemakers. Got the 3000l one in there at the moment and just order the 5000l whic will be here at the weekend.

I have taken the boiballs out and replaced with LR rubble, for some reason it has made the skimmer work 10 times better

Hi Rob - are you talking about the SunSun power-heads? Or ReSun Wavemakers? VERY good that you have taken the bio-balls out, and replaced this with live rock rubble! Good show, man!

Looking great Rob! Thanks for sharing. The "stuff" in the last picture, are diatoms. They feed off silicates in the water. This will pass once the silicates have been completely "used up". Then the diatoms too will die.

Other than that - your tank looks smashing, man! I too LOVE the scaping! Awesome for sharing with us!

I thought diatoms were only present when the tank is maturing, it is doing my head in:razz: as I'm in there every night nearly blowing the algae of te rock etc and using a net to scoop it up

I will persevere:)

Hi Rob - are you talking about the SunSun power-heads? Or ReSun Wavemakers? VERY good that you have taken the bio-balls out, and replaced this with live rock rubble! Good show, man!

Jacque, the resun wavemakers. The reson for getting the 5000l one is I found that the flow doesn't seem to be that strong.

WOW! That is REALLY interesting. Here in SA, we only get the 15000 litre per hour ReSun Wavemaker. I have 2 of them in my 2 metre tank (plus a host of other power-heads). I am EXTREMELY impressed with them. Also - the reason WHY the flow does not seem to be THAT strong, is because of the (in my case) outlet is 67mm in diameter - delivering a VERY wide and distributed water flow. Instead of a conventrated "jetstream".

rob, what is the pipe at the back near the bottom in the middle of the cave? does it have a purpose?

those blasted diatoms will sort themselves out soon i hope:)

i must say, even haveing a second look knowing what the tank is like, its still really impressive. well done fella.

did you understand what mike suggested? i got a little lost in the description as i havent seen those tanks, but it does sound like a good idea.

VERY NICE DUDE!:)

can you give us more specs on your lighting etc?

was the LR rubble new or already cured?i'm guessing alot of dead stuff came out of that LR rubble..

rob, what is the pipe at the back near the bottom in the middle of the cave? does it have a purpose?

those blasted diatoms will sort themselves out soon i hope:)

i must say, even haveing a second look knowing what the tank is like, its still really impressive. well done fella.

did you understand what mike suggested? i got a little lost in the description as i havent seen those tanks, but it does sound like a good idea.

The pipe is the return from the skimmer chamber.

I have to admit when i wrote out the previous post it was late and i had consumed some beer:lol: it is diatoms, not cyano:whistling: but the principle of the external is the same.

VERY NICE DUDE!:)

can you give us more specs on your lighting etc?

was the LR rubble new or already cured?i'm guessing alot of dead stuff came out of that LR rubble..

Hi mate

The light are the Aqua Medic Ocean 150 plus. the halide bulb is Aqualine 13000k and 2 reef blue actinics 24w.

The LR rubble or really small pieces were from a breakdown of an exsisting set up. So it was very cured.

Morning

I have just had my Sunsun 5000l turn up and boy has that got some flow. Quite impressed with it hopefully it will help to get rid of the algae.

Anyway I know everyone likes pics so here you are.

172549bb63c60c891.jpg

172549bb648a1df2a.jpg

172549bb64a5caa57.jpg

172549bb64cc0c9d7.jpg

172549bb651444831.jpg

aggg i had missed the nennie in the first looking, nice of the percs to show me the way:)

sounds like good lighting there, all in all a very nicely set up tank:)

rob, is that a lipstick tang front centre near the bottom? i f it is i think that tanks gonna be too small rather soon, watch carefully for that will ya?

oh and i think thats a potters angel? half hidden by the perc so i wasnt certain, if so really cool fish, any territory issues from it?

Back
Top Bottom