Pelidaba rock

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by wors143, 23 Aug 2009.

1. wors143

wors143

Ok so this is my question? about live rock base rock and pelindaba rock... All advice will be welcome.... and critics please have a field day... shout if you must and big an bold and red if you like.

I hit a couple of snags and will be posting pics in the next 2 weeks or so with my whole adventure so far... All i can say it has been an adventure but loving every moment so far.... Cracked and broke some glass... almost destroyed my RO unit when I dropped it.... and a new tank and sump with leaks and problems.... but that is my fault supporting the small home based business who turns out to be a snake...

OK to get to my question.... I have 40 to 50 kg of live rock taking up all of the space in my 100 litre tank while i am in the process of getting my new tank up and running... I git a few pieces of Lava rock that is being seeded by the live rock as we speak...

I am looking for something special "rock" as a feature for my tank that will give me balance and height? I am not able to source such a piece "Rock" look at a box of small base rocks at over R1000 and it is nothing to write home about.... I have managed to find some Pelindaba rocks that are amazing in terms of shapes and crevices and holes through the rock etc.... When I saw these rocks I knew these where the pieces I was looking for..... I am thinking of building my tank around these rocks.... The LFS guy advised that I indeed can use the rocks but with the rocks not being Poureous the will never be live rock.... FYI did not buy from LFS... Phoned hime for advice
    ???? Can I use the pelindaba rock in the tank and have live rock at a ratio of 50/50 in the dt and and house LR in the sump as well.... HELP Please guys???:wave2:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. wors143

wors143 Thread Starter

One pice of LR I really admire is that piece that sean has in the shap of a mushroom... That is now really something... Will never fit in my little 700lt DT though:slayer:

4. keyaam

keyaam

Recent Posts