Peasure tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by J Groenewoud, 11 Feb 2008.

1. J Groenewoud

J Groenewoud

:razz: :razz: Morning Hennie
    Thanks for the detail answer and sorry for replying only now.
    It is such a fantastic hobby with new things everyday. It is even interfering with with my general house relation ships. Never the less it is a good interference.
    What i mean by ready for use water = mixed saltwater. By live water i mean water coming out of an excisting tank, there fore trusting that you will have a quiker start
    Needless to say that perceptions were not effective, time will cure a tank only.
    I do have a 100L tank(Nano) running also a protieen skimmer and a Einheim proffessional biological pump with it. It is time demanding with only a 100l of water, meaning that it needs more care faster and regular. Sea horses wich is slow feeders i have 2 in the tank the last 6 weeks and yhey look great, further to that, a mix of soft corrals a yellow tang, Goldy, small rash and some cleaner prawns all living in peace together

Thanks for the help and kind regards

Derek Groenewoud

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Hi Derek,

My pleasure, and no problem...

I would suggest that you reconsider keeping the yellow tang in such a small tank. Tangs are grazers, and in the ocean each tang has a territory of roughly the size of an olympic swimming pool which it constantly patrolls - keeping it in such a small tank as yours would be very stressful for the fish, especially if it grows. This could lead to the tang becomming aggressive, and/or prone to disease, and although they can live for more than 15-20 years in nature, their life expectancy in such a small tank would be drastically reduced.

Good luck with the tank - or should I say with the lifestyle :)
    Keep us informed of progress, and post some photos, if you don't mind - we love photos...

Hennie

Recent Posts