Pairs clown

Reaction score
Was wondering, How many different pairs of clowns can i put in my nano? I know from my size that i can add 5 to 6 fish of about 6cm. Am i allowed to get like a pair of tomato clowns, a pair of occilaris clowns etc in 1 tank or will they dual to the death? if not, fight night tomorrow at 11. I got money on Coral, shes a greedy little bugger... Just kidding. but still....

On that tank size. Only one pair. When the biggest turns into a female, she will destroy the others. Yes sometimes guys are lucky to have 2 males to a single female. But the one male will still be smaller than the other. If the bigger male do not like the smaller, he will also attack the smaller. So the baby needs to be able to get away.

In my previous setup, a big tank of 1.5 by .75 by .75m, I had a pair of ocealaris and clarkii clowns. The clarkii always tried to dominate the ocealaris and the ocealaris was forced to stay in their hosting coral that was a large pincushion at that time.

Currently I have a pair of ocealaris (same pair) and a pair of skunk clowns in my display. They stay at opposite sides of the tank.

tomato clowns are more aggressive, percs and ocellaris pair well together
what size nano?

Back
Top Bottom