PADI Instructors

AndreT

Retired Moderator
Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Are there any PADI Instructors registered on MASA?

Hi Andre / Galibore. I know that this question of yours have never been answered on here - BUT have a look in the thread that I logged about the poll of who ever dived on a real reef before. You will see some people on there who said that they were instructors.... Think that there are some PADI instructors on there.

Mmm... I got hold of my original instructor and she has asked for my card to be resent, which was my initial problem. Still waiting for it. I have qualified in April last year and have not gone diving since.I want to get going again before I forget everything I learnt...:lol:

Galibore - you'll just need a quick refresher. Its like riding a bike really

Yeah - nothing like a nice and quiet swimming pool, or even perhaps Bass Lake, or Miracle Waters :)

Used to enjoy the dives there when we lived in Centurion - at least twice a month on Sundays ;-)

Galibore - you'll just need a quick refresher. Its like riding a bike really

Good news indeed. :) :thumbup:

Yeah - nothing like a nice and quiet swimming pool, or even perhaps Bass Lake, or Miracle Waters :)

Used to enjoy the dives there when we lived in Centurion - at least twice a month on Sundays ;-)

Sounds like a plan.

Hey Galibore
Its not essential that you do a refresher with a dive school.
But it is essential that you get your but into the water with someone competant or alternately on a social dive and inform the instructor/divemaster that you want to brush up on some of your skills first...what they will then probably do is pull you asside quickly....do a "dryrun" on shore/bank of retrievals,mask clears,inflate/deflate and then your important rules like never hold your breath on scuba,equalise early and often etc....then pop you in the water with the other social divers where you will more than likely buddy up with the DM/Instructor for the first dive...thereafter you will be buddied up with someone els if you are happy to do so.
If you do just buddy up with a mate of yours in an informal dive...make sure that one of you has a dive/school booklet so you can brush up on rules..and i suggest you do a shallow dive first ( basslake - platform in front of braai area/launch pad) or if you go to miracle waters (any of the platforms closest to the bank/steel walway)
Happy diving
Remember...wet feet are happy feet ;)
RD

Miraclewaters in Brits is ALWAYS full on a saterday and sunday...my suggestion is you rock up there early on a saterday morning and just chat to one of the schools there and ask if you can join them....have not met any school that will turn you away.
To save face and maybe for peace of mind....look out for "Diving in Africa" sign boards and ask for Kevin Graham...skinny little dude of middle years with a stingray on his shoulder (tattoo)....tell him that Kirsten Pretorius sent you,i DM for him often.
Alternately go to the website first Welcome to Diving in Africa - Scuba Diving Club & Scuba Diving Courses
Regards
RD

Sorry...regarding the Miracle waters platforms...those are the ones on the opposite side of the bank than where you drive in- infront of the little "huts".
If you go in infront/near the resturant you gonna be playing in 30+ mtrs

Mmm... I got hold of my original instructor and she has asked for my card to be resent, which was my initial problem. Still waiting for it. I have qualified in April last year and have not gone diving since.I want to get going again before I forget everything I learnt...:lol:

If you still interested, please pm me

Hey Galibore
Its not essential that you do a refresher with a dive school.
But it is essential that you get your but into the water with someone competant or alternately on a social dive and inform the instructor/divemaster that you want to brush up on some of your skills first...what they will then probably do is pull you asside quickly....do a "dryrun" on shore/bank of retriwwEvals,mask clears,inflate/deflate and then your important rules like never hold your breath on scuba,equalise early and often etc....then pop you in the water with the other social divers where you will more than likely buddy up with the DM/Instructor for the first dive...thereafter you will be buddied up with someone els if you are happy to do so.
If you do just buddy up with a mate of yours in an informal dive...make sure that one of you has a dive/school booklet so you can brush up on rules..and i suggest you do a shallow dive first ( basslake - platform in front of braai area/launch pad) or if you go to miracle waters (any of the platforms closest to the bank/steel walway)
Happy diving
Remember...wet feet are happy feet ;)
RD

Miraclewaters in Brits is ALWAYS full on a saterday and sunday...my suggestion is you rock up there early on a saterday morning and just chat to one of the schools there and ask if you can join them....have not met any school that will turn you away.
To save face and maybe for peace of mind....look out for "Diving in Africa" sign boards and ask for Kevin Graham...skinny little dude of middle years with a stingray on his shoulder (tattoo)....tell him that Kirsten Pretorius sent you,i DM for him often.
Alternately go to the website first Welcome to Diving in Africa - Scuba Diving Club & Scuba Diving Courses
Regards
RD

Sorry...regarding the Miracle waters platforms...those are the ones on the opposite side of the bank than where you drive in- infront of the little "huts".
If you go in infront/near the resturant you gonna be playing in 30+ mtrs

Thanks a lot Reefdiver. I don't know how I missed these replies. I will follow your advice.

Hi all why dont whe get together for a MASA braai and dive at miracle

Now that is a bakgat idea!

If you still interested, please pm me

Sean, Interested in what? The refresher?

Where is Miracle?

It's here in Gauteng (or maybe Northwest). Just less than an hour's drive from Joburg.

It's here in Gauteng (or maybe Northwest). Just less than an hour's drive from Joburg.
And how are you going to dive in Gauteng?

And how are you going to dive in Gauteng?

It's a quarry or something. The inland dive instructors use it for training and qualifying dives. There is an old bus and a plane I think that was thrown in. Never dived there but I here it's about as good as an inland dive can get :)

Refreshing your diving course, diving in a dam of some sort is definately not the reason I posted...LoL:razz:

You're in Cape Town right?

It's a quarry or something. The inland dive instructors use it for training and qualifying dives. There is an old bus and a plane I think that was thrown in. Never dived there but I here it's about as good as an inland dive can get :)

You're in Cape Town right?

Richards Bay, Good couple of wrecks around here

Back
Top Bottom