Pacfic sun led moonlight not switching off

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Nishal, 19 Aug 2016.

1. Nishal

Nishal

Hi all, i desperatlely need some help please.
    I have a 450w metis hyperion S led unit running on bali sun program.
    The firmware i am using is SMR V1.4_8x_c(1) with software version Diuna T5 V1.2c 3.5. Both of which i downloaded from the website.

The problem i am having is that the moonlight timing is not working. I have it currently set to come on at 8:00 and go off at 10.30 but the light seems to get stuck in one intensity throughout the night so i have to manually switch it off and back on in the morning and the bali sun programe then starts again.

Out of the 3 clusters of lights only the center cluster stays on at a 20-30% intensity and does not respond to the intensity or colour settings on the program. The other 2 clusters of leds on the left and right respond and are set at 5% but also do not switch off according to the time period i have set.

I am running moon cycle simulation, overcast nights and dark moon with the last full moon set to 16 August 2016. I am not sure whether it is a software or firmware issue. The pacific sun website does mention that on the firmware i am using they have fixed the moonlight timing issue.

Please could i have some assistance as to what i am doing wrong? i have emailed pacific sun support but have not received a reply and its really annoying having to manually switch lights on/off so that my fish can get some sleep.

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. hotdog83

hotdog83 Clone Fish

You might have to do a hard reset by opening up the unit and bridging a connection. PM me your email and I'll send you the step by step instructions I got from the guys in Poland.

4. hotdog83

hotdog83 Clone Fish

Or wait, here is what they sent me with the pic, maybe someone else has the same issue:

You can try to do manual reset procedure but You will have to open lamp cover and fallow this instruction:

> Firstly - DON'T USE internal bluetooth modules - they are weak - and not
    > fully SPP compatible.
    > Be close to lamp also - to protect against CRC errors..
    > In attachment you can find photo - please take a look for that..
    > When you will open your lamp - please prepare your app.
    > 1. set proper com port and WITHOUT PRESSING connect to lamp button go to service tab
    > and open dialog window(by pushing Firmware upgrade button) for bin file - but
    > not confirm it yet..
    > 2. Lamp have to be opened - and connected to power. Unplug this 8 pins plug
    > from port in computer board.
    > Now check photo - you will have to join together this two pins(1 and 4) for
    > a while(short moment) AFTER you will confirm on your application which firmware
    > file you want to open. You can do this shortcut by any wire or metal tweezers.
    > This shortcut will generate reset command for computer - without unpowering
    > main BT module - so communication between PC and BT module in lamp will bestill alive.
    > You will see short blink on LCD - and lamp start uploading firmware again..

Please try few times because it's hard to do it in first time - You have only short time from apply firmware file to join pins together for one second.
    Reset.jpg

5. Nishal

Nishal Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply hotdog83. Did you experience exactly the same problem?
    Honestly im not keen on opening up the unit and doing that as i am horrible with these types of things and surely will break something. Is there a local agent that i could maybe speak to that could help?

6. hotdog83

hotdog83 Clone Fish

I had different issues, like the lights flashing the whole time, but it worked resetting it. I think the local agent is Francois from Sareefkeeping in Cape Town.

7. Nishal

Nishal Thread Starter

Is the firmware and software versions that i am using correct? there are different versions online.

8. hotdog83

hotdog83 Clone Fish

I have no idea, I sold my unit a few months ago. You will probably be able to get latest ones on Pacific Sun website though?

Recent Posts