Ozone vs UV

Reaction score
I'm going with a ozone option but I haven't really kept up to date with latest developments regarding its implementation vs uv. Anything ground breaking I should be alerted to?

I could go with either or both systems but I'm led to believe ozone will suit my needs and will work out cheaper in the long run unless uv leds have been developed?

Input welcomed

Reaction score
Shot mark ill give it a read through. Much appreciated

Reaction score
I would also like to know y they don't use uv leds and the tubes unless they are and I don't know about it on the uv sterilizer, it would probably cost 4 times as much because it will last much longer then leds.

Reaction score
Guys give me some idea of top quality ozonisers

RiaanP

Reaction score
the one that is commonly available is the Hailea units.

Reaction score
Aqua medic makes a top quality one. Does 250mg/hr so ideal for larger tanks. But it is very pricey, around R7000 IIRC but it does come with the controller etc.

Reaction score
Perfect I have the hailed but I'm not too impressed. I'm wanting a better quality unit.

I've heard sander do a fantastic reliable unit. Maybe I must give aquamedic a try

RiaanP

Reaction score
Ask @carlosdeandrade
he had his unit build by a company. Nice unit, bigger than the default Hailey and at a reasonable price

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
All those units are way overpriced for what they offer. I bought mine, 1g unit for about 3k. It's a pressurised glass corona discharge. Less prone to moisture, you need to dry all air otherwise your unit will stop working after a few months. They fail to tell you that. Mine is controlled with my profilux and it also only runs for an hour a day. My water is always very clear and I haven't used carbon in years.

Top Bottom