Oxydator and Hydrogen peroxide., Anybody else using an oxydator?

Hydrogen peroxide is found at all chemists, you use it to bleach your hair. Get the 30-35% strength one.
Why do YOU want to use it?

Dude dont even go there as the risk is to hi if ya wanna fight algea or cyano, I would say keep it out of your tank

i know how it works and why, but what is your reason to use it?

rather treat the problem, safer and easier

but i do feel your pain

rather treat the problem, safer and easier but i do feel your pain

I did everything I could get on all the threads world wide, air stones in the sump, more flow pumps, chiller to get the temp stable... but still cyano come and go... At least it goes away and don't stay... for the last 3 weeks I had one k@k cyano outbreak, when I woke up this morning, all gone...

Now this is my opinion, most solutions point to lack of O2 but I have found that looking at bacteria and ditritus build is usually lurking

I manage to purchase mine from Europe - pm me if you need the address. I am in the market of importing two more - maybe we could split the order. All my seahorse tanks has at least one and most of the overseas Sea-horse keepers do the same.

The liquid for the unit can be purchased at Dis-chem at R18.00 a bottle in 3%, 6% or 12%. When I made the first purchase liquid was included but a extra charge is normally levied by the airline because of the liquid being flammable (or some risk). Save yourself money on that side.

Hope the info was of help

Andre

I need to try the poroxide for cyano. Mine is driving me mad. I have also used peroxide on power outages with great success and no loss of fish or corals.

I also use potassium permangeanate from time to time to help reduce my DOCs. The skimmer goes mad and it helps remove some crud from the system. I've being doing this for years now and have never lost a thing. We used to also use this to clean discus before breeding them, when they had external parasites and flukes. We used to add the potassium to colour the water pink to treat the fish and neutralised it with peroxide after a few hours

Add 1 tablespoon of 30% hydrogen peroxide per 100 litres every 4 hours to your tank in a power failure to oxygenate your water:)

Thanks Tony:peroni:
Can you still remember what concentration you used with the discus?

Last edited:
Thirty percent

Back
Top Bottom