Overflows

they both function the same, one takes more space than the other, i use skinny as i dont believe in drilling the base of a tank

Thanks Dallas, what size pipe do you use for the over flow? Do you use a bean animal or the likes there of

i use 50mm for drains and 32mm for returns on larger tanks, for smaller 400L or less i use 32mm drains and 20mm returns

i am looking at DIY'ing a XAQUA overflow

Thanks

I am in the process of building a new tank and its about 385 litres so I guess a 32 mm drain will be ok?

Do you have any images of your overflow?

the last pic has overflow and return combined so it wont siphon when pump turns off

wow that is rather tin, do you have any issues with fish getting in side? Do you just use a direct syphon on both pipes?

i use a direct siphon
let me find the pic with the overflow comb on
look at the back you can see it
144254cfb68ccd108.jpg

I got this on my previous tank

overflow_zpse82a3108.jpg

Had a small clown fooling around and ended up trapped in the overflow box. The clown got caught between the bulkhead and front glass.

Just blocked the outlet at the bottom to flood the overflow box, giving the clown an opportunity to escape. He did survive.

i use a direct siphon
let me find the pic with the overflow comb on
look at the back you can see it
144254cfb68ccd108.jpg

Thank Dallas for the pic, i see the box does not go down the full hight, are there any recommend sizes for a tank?

nope, i thumb sucked, the bigger the better for surface cleaning
the tank was 1000mm wide, overflow was 800mm and 12mm gap

Back
Top Bottom