Overflow idea - Will it work?

Discussion in 'Anything DIY Related' started by Fishman, 31 Oct 2011.

1. Fishman

Fishman

Hi guyz. I need some advice, i need to do my overflow on a tank i built. Its not a big tank so im thinking of using 25mm pvc. I want to drill the bottom, but i DONT want to build a box of any kind, not even a skinny one. So i was thinking of using a 110mm pvc pipe to act as a overflow box. With a modified durso in it. When i say modified i mean i'll have no 90' elbow coming out from the t piece. So water will enter the standpipe horizontally. Will it be silent? I will install a valve on the outlet to control the water level in the 110mm pvc pipe...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Too small

50mm will fit easily inside the 110mm. and get yourself a soil vent valve from Builders Warehouse. That is enough to be a durso. See the one close to me eventually got some in again.

But a 110mm pipe in your tank is enormous. Cut a piece, and put it in. See for yourself before you drill the tank.

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Soil vent valve
    [​IMG]

Cap removed
    [​IMG]

Just remove the rubber washers inside. Drill 6mm hole on top, with airline valve. Jobs done, have a beer.

Recent Posts