Overflow help..

Reaction score
Need some advice please...

Ok I have 1x50mm hole drilled into my back pane 10cm in and 10cm from the top.I will not have more than 5000l going through my sump. the tank will be against the wall so from the nipple/bulk head the pipe will go through the wall and then I'll have a standpipe on the outside.

I can either go with a normal over flow box or 50x15x250 LWH and have a 90 elbow off the nipple or a slanted box but then obviously I will not be able to fit a elbow in so it will just be the bulkhead opening.

What's best to go with? Will I get a slurping sound with no elbow in the overflow box? My box will have teeth so no need to worry about snails..

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sims you can still make the durso in the tank, the outlet will be ou the back as apposed to down. Hope that makes sense

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
You need to do Hit "ctrl" & "prtScn" at once, I then open MS Paint, open the edit tab, and hit paste, then save and post

Reaction score
Option two.... but extend the surface skimming from left corner to right corner

Reaction score
you mean C2C? If I go this route i'll just have a bulk head in the box ie no elbow just a hole and an external Dorso...will this be ok and quiet? surly with a C2C i'll need alot more flow to get surface to skim?

Reaction score
you mean C2C? If I go this route i'll just have a bulk head in the box ie no elbow just a hole and an external Dorso...will this be ok and quiet? surly with a C2C i'll need alot more flow to get surface to skim?
Fast or slow the true beauty of the sump is that it allows us to surface skim...will only skim as fast as you pump water back up...but will always skim