Overflow for Wavebox

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by schaun, 23 Jun 2009.

1. schaun

schaun

Im building myself a tank 1.5 x 2m and would like to run a wavebox on it.
    Do you have any ideas on were were the overfolw should go and what it should look like ?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. scubaninja

scubaninja

Can we get more info on this build? like depth of the tank? what glass thickness you are planning on using etc? that is a huge tank and will have a HUGE wave. This will create a hug amount of stress on the sides. But generally with tanks that have waveboxes you have a central overflow, on the point where a 'node' is, where the water level is constant. But for a tank your size i would suggest having a coast to coast (C2C) overflow because the wave may me irregular depending on your liverock placing. will this be built out of pure glass or concrete too?

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

the more info you can provide the better advice we can offer. do you perhaps have a tank design drawing?

5. schaun

schaun Thread Starter

Ok this is what I can give you.
    It will be a rimless tank. 200 X 150 X 70
    Think the base is going to be 30mm thick.
    The overflow high will be 60
    Not sure about the glass thickness think it will be 24mm
    Adriaan from idol marine is going to build it, not taking the risk of building my own tank again.
    Going to use 2X tunze Wave boxes on one side (1.5m) that will be next to the wall and 4X 6105's tunze pumps for some extra stream when the wave motion is of during the night time.
    Thinking of using the Reef Octopus HY-700W Water Blaster Extreme Pumps for return and closed loop pumps, as they don’t use as mush elec. as other pumps.
    For lightning I’m going for 6X MH 250W 3X 10000K and 14000K. Would like to add some actinic for some colour.2X GHL Light sticks for some effects.
    1200b Chiller, 3X 300W Jegar heaters.
    GHL: Dosing pump, Ph, Redox, Temp and conductivity Probes
    And the profilux II Plus to run it all.
    Reverse osmosis machine with 2X 1000L Drums one for fresh water and the other for Water changes.
    Reef Octopus SNF-200 Denitrator
    2X Reef Octopus / Reeftek PHR-140 Phosphate Reactor one for phosphate and the other for carbon.
    Hailea HLO-800 Osoniser that runs with a skimmer.
    RO-PS-5000INT Internal (Bubble Blaster Skimmer) and the OCTX Extreme (in sump) Series
    That is more or less all of it.
    I’m setting up the tank in one room and the filtration in a separate room so that I can work with ease, no more crutching underneath my tank.
    So please any ideas that you gays might have will be great.
    I have no idea what the C2C method is, do you perhaps have a picture?

I Have no idea how I’m going to shape the reef, want to keep it practical. Easy to work on and comfortable access to the reef.

Thanks for the support it’s much appreciated.

6. chikaboo

chikaboo

All I can say so far is WOW! This should be a stunner - keep us updated on the progress so that we can share in this monster!All the best:thumbup:

7. H0nda42

H0nda42

Thats some serious equipment Schaun - good luck with the build and I ma looking forward to seeing this masterpiece. Sounds fantastic

Recent Posts