Over Flow?

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Juanoli4, 17 Sep 2014.

1. Juanoli4

Juanoli4

Halo to All.. I got this tank from a mate of mine its 1 m in length x 50 x 50. The only problem is i was planning on having a over flow at the back, long story short it has a corner over flow 15 cm x 15 cm x 45 high. There is a 30 mm hole drilled into the back panel at 15 cm below the tank height. First time plumbing my own tank so any help would be much appreciated. I have uploaded some pics to help the matter. Just trying to have a silent overflow with good filtration.

20140917_183106.jpg

20140917_183046.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

various options.
    You can stick a small piece of glass over that, to cover it up and dril another hole at the bottom to have a standard standpipe with durso fitting at the top. Just ensure that the bottom hole is far away enough from the sides to allow space for the stand.

Else you can it as is, fit a bulkhead with elbow on the inside facing up and outside a T piece, and have durso breather hole outside on the t-piece top. Disadvantage would be detritus settlement at the bottom of that box.

Although I think the hole is too small, might be better to enlarge it so standard 50mm fittings would fit.

Or can cut the box out, use the same glass to make it a skinny overflow. Either have the outlet on the bottom, so the skinny box looks like a "L". Or have the skinny box stop just below the hole. Both these options use a ballvalve to regulate the flow and to cut out the noise.

5. jclaas

jclaas

I changed the existing hole to 40mm for Juan

Recent Posts