• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Orphek led lights - notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, with all due respect, this is a place for reefers to share knowledge and experience. It’s not to market your products and make money, so I’m not even gonna bother to entertain you.
@Vijay
i pay a fee to display products here, so your statement is inaccurate but i share your sentiment,

i myself have given more to this hobby than most, it is infact a lifestyle for me. so i cannot see how this thread, "a polite warning of a potential fake coming into SA" has turned so sour, this is no different to the warning of a phishing scam for your banking app.

so i think people need to take the warning as a sign that orphek is a great product and its looked to being ripped off is a sign of that although illegal

Oh and one more thing, when you guys know the difference between the original and the knock off, please let us know

we will deffinatley post those differences here for all when we have them, orfir will be presenting me with these as soon as his legal team has identified how to proceed.

What's the price and lead time of a V4 Atlantik with the gateway through Reefing Solutions?

@Tommo we have had them here in as little as 2 weeks but we prefer to say 3 week lead time to avoid dissapointment, we update you throughout the shipping to keep you informed as to where these units are, if we place a larger order we ship by sea, this is a 21 day lead time but translates to cheaper shipping costs depending on the space occupied on the crate.

Leslie, read all the the posts and my comment before playing the victim and asking for a public apology.
My entire comment was not directed at you.

@Tommo we have had them here in as little as 2 weeks but we prefer to say 3 week lead time to avoid dissapointment, we update you throughout the shipping to keep you informed as to where these units are, if we place a larger order we ship by sea, this is a 21 day lead time but translates to cheaper shipping costs depending on the space occupied on the crate.
Thanks but what is the base price of the unit through you guys?

Thanks but what is the base price of the unit through you guys?
the price fluctuates according to exchange and freight choice

Retailers retail our V4 Atlantik for R22500 - R24500 and a gateway is sold seperatley (R2750) if 3 units are taken we absorb the cost of a gateway

Not missing anything, thread was reopened and random people get mentioned. If there are supplier/importer/seller/etc issues, handle them in an appropriate business manner.

Not missing anything, thread was reopened and random people get mentioned. If there are supplier/importer/seller/etc issues, handle them in an appropriate business manner.

as stated in my PM, reread the posts i have made

Been here Done that. Actually more than one time.

One example: Some years ago there was another LED unit available in South Africa. Not a top of the range as Orphek, but a more "generic" unit with basic sunrise and sunset options. Not a fancy one as Orphek or Radions, but a very affordable unit, being able to do its basic job and perfect for a lot of guys.

These too had a official importer, providing backup support. And those also had a second importer, underselling the official importer. As soon as stuff hit the fans, guys run to the official importer for support. He did not keep serial numbers and was trapped in a situation were he had to help out, even when he knew he did not import those lights. He learned a very expensive lesson and started keeping serial numbers. End result, he stopped importing those units and all the guys on the point of committing to a cheap affordable unit lost out. All the grey products were still unsupported. The guys who got official imported units had to upgrade when they hit issues = also not happy guys. In summary, everybody lost out except the grey importer.

Keep in mind that for an importer to give support, he need to keep some units "in the back". If my lights went out, I surely cannot wait for a week or two for a replacement coming in from overseas. My corals want light NOW! So yes, all units sold will carry a margin extra to "budget" for those units in the back. For example Pick'nPay are now selling LED TV for a lot cheaper than what the company I work for sell them for. We cannot compete. The catch however is that those TV's only carry a one year warranty. The default in the industry is 2 years. And that brand is happy with it, as they are trying to gain some market share at the possible cost of having unhappy customers later on.

Even extended vehicle warranties are paid for upfront by the buyers. You can get a BMW for a lot cheaper without its Motorplan. But you surely do not want to do that. If you want a cheap unit and worry about product support later on, buy a Tata without motorplan instead of a BMW with motorplan.

I fully understand Leslie position. He is working hard to get good products in. Unfortunately these Orphek units are expensive, they are very good and some of the best units out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom