Orphek led lights - notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi All

Please note that there is an individual going around proclaiming that he can land Orphek V4 Atlantik units at a lower price than they are currently being retailed for.

I have investigated this and have the following to say:

1) there is a knock off of the orphek v4 being sold as the original, how good the knock off is I'm not sure but it is not orphek. Legal action is being persued for the trading of this knock off being sold as orphek.

2) As the appointed agent for orphek in South Africa, my company ( Reefing Solutions) is the only authorized importer who will ensure your warranty issues (if any arise) can be dealt with.

So even if you do import a unit directly, which is an original it will not be covered locally.

I have worked long and hard to build confidence, build reputation, service client queries and keep costs as low as possible for the orphek range while still making them feasable for shops to keep in their shelves.

I trust you will realise the benefits of supporting local will ensure the brand stays strongly represented in South Africa.

Beware of false proclamations.

Thank you

Les

Reaction score
Well the fact the Leslie’s thread was 1st a closed thread that nobody can reply to is a telling statement in itself.

Threatening legal action but not allowing the offending party to tell his side of the story I’m pretty sure is not legal or ethical and smells like a cover up.

“there is a knock off of the orphek v4 being sold as the original, how good the knock off is I'm not sure but it is not orphek. Legal action is being persued for the trading of this knock off being sold as orphek.?

How about showing us something that proves the light is in fact a fake?

Right now it just looks like you fleecing the public with over inflated prices and trying your best the block them telling their side of the story.

Reaction score
Interested in how do you tell the difference in the original and the knock off, it they both are identical, then how can it be called a knock off ???

Reaction score
@Adrian B as a Retailer of Orphek Brand we have verified the authorised Importer in S.A as being Reefing Solutions. However we have sold numerous products and received full support and backup.

You and @Devon are walking in dangerous territory, can you supply or Post a Trade Agreement or Proof of Import "Bill of Lading" with "SARS" Customs Clearing that you or your Associate actually imported the products?

Numerous Products have been supplied to Customers with Warranty Claims fulfilled and provided, unless you can provide "Prima Facia"proof best you review your Statements you have Publicly made. You are potentially causing unnecessary damage to an International Brand and an authorised Importer's reputation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being the authorized importer, I would presume you can identify knock offs from the original ??? My post is merely on how to identify the difference so that fellow reefers are aware of what to look for.
I know this may not be the platform for this discussion but I do not appreciate your comment with regards to walking in dangerous territory. If you mean dangerous territory by applying leagal action for a comment, then please do so

Reaction score
Im an AUTHORISED RESLLER and have sold numerous products, can you provide Proof between the "Knock OFF"" I never referred to you, just made a Statement of Experience with the Authorised Importer. You willingly without direct reference have included yourself in all legalese references, willingly!

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
Well the fact the Leslie’s thread was 1st a closed thread that nobody can reply to is a telling statement in itself.

Threatening legal action but not allowing the offending party to tell his side of the story I’m pretty sure is not legal or ethical and smells like a cover up.

“there is a knock off of the orphek v4 being sold as the original, how good the knock off is I'm not sure but it is not orphek. Legal action is being persued for the trading of this knock off being sold as orphek.?

How about showing us something that proves the light is in fact a fake?

Right now it just looks like you fleecing the public with over inflated prices and trying your best the block them telling their side of the story.
You are more than entitled to your opinion, the thread was to serve as a warning that there is a generic being passed off as an original, but hey feel free to buy whatever you like.

Also note that the guy claiming to be landing these orpheks will not be able to offer you any form of back up, genuine or otherwise. We keep serial numbers and are in no way compelled to service clients we have not facilitated a sale to. You can ask any importer and I have seen president set in discussions about Tunze and Jebao. Feel free to search the forum for these arguments they are here.

Unlike him I have put my money where my mouth is and actually bought in a number of units which i keep stock of. I have had this particular agency targeted on more than one occasion and I have the support of the owner Ofir himself. I get ccd in on EVERY mail relating to SA enquiries and either reply from my leslie@orphek.com or lesliehempel@gmail.com. these are officially recognized by orphek.

He has also put in writing to me that any unit purchased should go through me in order to obtain local warranty and back up.

Feel free to use it or not. The info is there for your protection.

459b

Reaction score
Leslie, I thought you would handle this a bit more professionally.
Devon hasn't posted anything on this thread, please don't bring random people nor your trade arguments onto MASA. This really isn't the platform for this sort of thing.
Dannyj, do not threaten members. This is a hobby forum, deal with this in an appropriate manner.

Reaction score
I refer yet again, provide Proof of a fake product????. Importer can provide ORGINAL PROOF.....

Reaction score
No threat was made, I just merely reminded parties that they cannot make unsubstantiated claims without Proof.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t sell any products unless it’s second hand stuff that I don’t use anymore . What’s funny is that you guys as the so called authorized importers cannot tell us reefers the difference in the original and the knock off apart from the price is cheaper.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
Im an AUTHORISED RESLLER and have sold numerous products, can you provide Proof between the "Knock OFF"" I never referred to you, just made a Statement of Experience with the Authorised Importer. You willingly without direct reference have included yourself in all legalese references, willingly!
We will be furnishing some comparisions as soon as we have them, I have had extensive discussions regarding this with our global partners today,

Please also note that without an importers licence you are limited to 3 imports per year more than that without a propper permit and SARS will gladly pull you aside for an audit. (Even items of low value from an organisation such as "wish" can be audited if the 3 items per year are exceeded.
But that is a discussion for another thread.

I have these permits in place

Reaction score
Where Bud???? here is a link to where we successfully SOLD Orphek Products? Seriously....

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
@Vijay my apologies the above was intended to answer your question.

We will have the info for you and post for all to be able to identify the original from the fake, I myself am waiting on these differences.

Reaction score
So doing this for the love of the Hobby I introduced this at COST... not for gain but for the Love of the HOBBY, @Vijay

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
Leslie, I thought you would handle this a bit more professionally.
Devon hasn't posted anything on this thread, please don't bring random people nor your trade arguments onto MASA. This really isn't the platform for this sort of thing.
Dannyj, do not threaten members. This is a hobby forum, deal with this in an appropriate manner.
I'm confused?

Where did I name him? I am merely stating there is a fake product on the market claiming to be our brand.

I feel I am within my rights to warn the public of this.

As for devon I have not called him out here but you have identified him as the perpetrator.
And I have not proven that he has or has not imported a fake, I am merely warning anyone that an item not purchased through us as the licences importer will not be subject to warranty claims through us.

So your comment is unfounded and I ask for a apology for your accusing me publicly.

Reaction score
Gents, with all due respect, this is a place for reefers to share knowledge and experience. It’s not to market your products and make money, so I’m not even gonna bother to entertain you.

Reaction score
Oh and one more thing, when you guys know the difference between the original and the knock off, please let us know

Reaction score
I mentioned a previous reference as the Door was opened, we have Loyalty to the Hobby and Supplier and product... and most important of all the Sponsor... who pays and should be shown some kind of respect.

Reaction score
Vijay, back up your claims... do you Correspond with the Manufacturer? I doubt you do, so stop being evasive, back your claims up with fact, instead of loose ended statements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.