• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Orphek LED light units

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
Its no doubt that at some stage you've seen these amazing lights on the net! They are by far our flagship go to led when faced with a deep system, I myself run these LED and am very nervous to deviate after years of searching for what I class as the perfect LED!

full.jpg

Untill you hold one in your hand you'll think this is sales talk, it took me some time to commit to buying into this brand after years of observation. But once you own the Atlantik V4 or V4 compact you will struggle to move on.

And you wont have to.

The V4 and V4 compact are exceptional lights, easy to upgrade and the lenses are interchangeable quickly making the unit able to offer wide spread (120° lenses standard) or for better depth penetration through changing to 90 or 60° lenses ( offered as extra or fitted instead of the 120° when ordered).

Wifi controlled with the use of a gateway and router (sold seperatley)

Preset with tested settings and able to store a multitude of custom settings.

If you are looking for the best led out there.. these are deffinatley a contender for a number one podium finish!!

Last edited:
This has been one of the best offers from Orphek to date, a light that replaces the need for T5, it offers an economical long term solution for lighting when you are still experiencing a few shaddowed areas, the light bars themselves are not controllable but can be plugged into timers.

full.jpg

Sizes available

• 60cm
  • 90cm
  • 120cm

And available in 3 light frequiencies called:

• Reef Daylight
  • Blue Sky
  • UV/ violet
These lights are available in SA and will be held as a standard stock item.

full.jpg

Morning Leslie

When will the light bars be in the country? I have been looking to get my hands on some of these. Which lfs will stock them up here in JHB ?
L:slayer:ong overdue to get more of a selection in SA.:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

All I can say is that these are awesome lights. I am running them for 2 months now and the difference in my system is unbelievable.

You wont regret buying these lights

Morning Leslie

When will the light bars be in the country? I have been looking to get my hands on some of these. Which lfs will stock them up here in JHB ?
L:slayer:ong overdue to get more of a selection in SA.:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

We have a large order of the OR bars inbound. Eta 2 weeks

Any chance of a product name for the bars or some specs that I can have a look at?

Recently Orphek introduced a new line of lighting focused on the traditional bar shape. These new bar led lights to the line OR that includes three different kinds, 54w , 72w and 108w.
Design
The design reminds us the old fashion T5 / T8 neon lights, but instead of the neon are placed leds. They are too rough, it is a simple aluminum heat sink with a tempered glass panel. The design is essential and reflects the main purpose For which they were made, That is a powerful kind of lighting at the cheapest price.
New Orphek OR led bars
Different spectrums available for the OR
There are five different spectrums available, depending on their use.
New Orphek OR led bars
Fresh Water Plant - Spectrum thought for freshwater aquariums dedicated to plant growth. Spectrum is mainly set on daylight 7000k;
Grow Light Flowering - Spectrum thought for freshwater aquariums
Reef Violet & Grow Vegetative 1 - Developed to give a violet spectrum to marine aquariums lighting. Spectrum is mainly set on 380-440nm;
Reef Daylight - Developed for the standard illumination of a marine aquarium;
Reef Blue Sky - Developed to give a blue spectrum to marine aquarium lighting. Spectrum is mainly based on 450-500nm.
New Orphek OR LED bars - the luminous spectra
Three different sizes according to the length
OR LED lighting bars are produced in three different sizes and three different power:
60 cm, 54w and 18 x 3w led ;
90 cm, 72w and 24 x 3w led ;
120 cm, 108w and 36 x 3 w led .
New Orphek OR LED bars - dimensions in comparison
fitting
They can be hooked up in two different solutions: the typical one through two slots on the top, or docking them in the side slots (even if, honestly, we do not understand the purpose).
New led bars Orphek OR - coupling systems
Specifications
Driver: external;
Input Voltage: 100-240VAC;
Frequency: 50-60Hz;
Consumption: 54/72/108 watts;
Cos (phi) > 0.95;
Input current (Amps) 0.55;
Length: 60/90/120 cm;
Width: 5 cm;
Height: 2.8 cm;
Weight : 1 / 1.5 / 2 kg;
Driver weight : 0.5 kg.
The new LED lightings bar sono stati Introduced recently in the official product page Orphek , and they are available for the purchase.
These bars will cost 120, 140 and 160 dollars respectively, delivered at home. Plus VAT and customs duties. Moreover, in this period, it should be higher than those reported, probably 135, 155 and 175 euro each.
New Orphek OR LED bars - WEEE certification
WEEE Certification
Orphek LED Aquarium Lighting is now certified WEEE.
For those who are not familiar with nomenclature, WEEE stands for Waste Electrical & Environmental Equipment . Being RAEE certified means that the product is made according to the WEEED guidelines.
Given this, Orphek follows WEEED and high recycling-ratio materials.
Orphek believes that " protect biodiversity of nature " means providing:
hi-tech solutions that simulates, as close as possible, nature in a captivity environment;
ecological lighting solutions that do not produce radiant heat;
take responsibility for environmental waste and their implications;
solutions with a chance of upgrade to reduce WEEE.
Actually most of the Orphek solutions provide the chance of an upgrade . This means that it is possible to use the same framework over and over again.
To order them, waiting for an Italian dealer, you can contact straight Orphek .

Back
Top Bottom