Organic AQUA

Reaction score
I have read the other edited threads on this topic, but it seems that no one had anything concrete to say about it! ;) I would like to bring up the topic again.

Has anyone used this stuff with any positive results?
It claims to "radically reduce ammonia, nitrite and nitrate peaks" and that it "controls algae growth"

Sounds good, but does it really work?

Reaction score
They seem to be getting good feedback from their website. I wonder how good the info is?

Reaction score
Hey Darryl,

I know of someone that swears by it, so I pick up some of the "liquid" stuff (can't remember its name) to try, as many of you might know I'm having a algae problem, and thought why not try it? claims to control algae and Po4, well lets see?

I know its normally sold as a stand alone "solution" to tank maintanence, requiring now mechanical filtration, etc skimmers, bio-filters. I would never use it this way but am willing to test it as a "part" to the "solution".

Will test all parameters and keep a log. Darryl, please let me know your results!

Reaction score
After discussing this with Crispin (they asked him to certify it's "organic-ness")

They would not tell him what the ingredients were, as they said it was a trade secret and maybe Crispin would sell it to the highest bidder etc.

If they cannot tell us what is in it, are you willing to take the chance ?

dallasg

Reaction score
After discussing this with Crispin (they asked him to certify it's "organic-ness")

They would not tell him what the ingredients were, as they said it was a trade secret and maybe Crispin would sell it to the highest bidder etc.

wouldnt a chemist do a chemical analysis on it? maybe the guys that tested my olive oil could if i got a sample

Reaction score

I hear you, BUT, If you had a business "plan" that you know would make money for you, would you go tell everyone to what/how to do it?

I've seen a 2ft tank with +- 6 fish run on this for over 3 month without any water changes (not that I agree with this), but all the fish and Nennie where all still alive....... must be doing something?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
wouldnt a chemist do a chemical analysis on it? maybe the guys that tested my olive oil could if i got a sample
Off topic, by why do you test olive oil, were you checking it's virginity:p

I hear you, BUT, If you had a business "plan" that you know would make money for you, would you go tell everyone to what/how to do it?

I've seen a 2ft tank with +- 6 fish run on this for over 3 month without any water changes (not that I agree with this), but all the fish and Nennie where all still alive....... must be doing something?
lIghty, that is a good argument to run if you are the manufacturer, but it is a very convenient way of covering something up.
I know many tanks that don't get water changes (all large tanks, some very over stocked, they are fine too without the orgasmic-aqua:p

Reaction score

OK, but they call it Organic and it is not certified Organic, so straight away something is fishy.

If a guy wants his wine organic certified, he has to allow for everything (ingredients and the manufacturing process) to be inspected, that is just the way it is.

It just seems a little suspect.

dallasg

Reaction score
Off topic, by why do you test olive oil, were you checking it's virginity:p
yip, exactly that :)

i am getting my chemist to make me reef supplient soup :)

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Ok, from my experience, this stuff works.
Ive used the Bbac and General treatment when i had to move my livestock over from my old tank to my new one almost a year back. I successfully moved all fish and corals (In my case mainly SPS) with out any losses. I set up the tank and moved all livestock over, after a week of filling up the tank with NSW and well cured LR.
I took the advice from Sean.H at Northlands Pets.
Keep in mind, this is not something I would advise newbies to do (Be patient and wait for the cycle to complete). The only reason why I did so, is because I had to move out of my old place to my new place in a very short period of time.

Reaction score
Here is an extract from their website...........

We offer:

Radically reduces ammonia, nitrite & nitrates
Instant natural ecology for ponds and aquariums, for immediate stocking.
Minimal maintenance.

Only 25% water change every 4 weeks required

Some people would say that 25% a month is a massive water change, and if this stuff works so well, then why the big water change?

I have had a 4 foot tank set up for about a month now. This is being used simply as a holding tank for unwanted fish and things. I will try it in that tank and "see" if the algae on the glass dissapears.........like I have heard some people say it will.

Last edited:
Reaction score
its come in kit form. bbac, that white powerdery salty stuff and the liquid....

I use it on my pond and on my FW tanks when i have a problem with the filters or add new fish... its really works great on FW... not so sure about marines