Oregon pine floors

I would be interested to hear what people say, I have parquet flooring, i was considering putting a piece of rubber, almost like conveyer belt, permanent piece under the stand and like a meter cutoff that i can pull out when i want to work on the tank which fits around the piece under the tank.
That solution is a bit cumbersome, so it will be interesting to hear what other people say.

The problem with any thing that you put on the ground is that if you mess a bit of water, it will run in underneath the rubber / tray / whatever and sit there and damage the floor even more. Your only real solution is to mop up as quickly as possible.

Rather multiple legs standing on 100mm or 50mm square plates. Can use a piece of ABS sheet between the floor and plate to protect the wood a bit more. Legs should be so that it is high enough to get your hand with towel underneath to be able to dry up as quickly and thoroughly as you can.

You will flood your tank at some point. All reefers had done that at least once.

Rather multiple legs standing on 100mm or 50mm square plates. Can use a piece of ABS sheet between the floor and plate to protect the wood a bit more. Legs should be so that it is high enough to get your hand with towel underneath to be able to dry up as quickly and thoroughly as you can.

You will flood your tank at some point. All reefers had done that at least once.

this is true. In my old tank, I had parquet floors- when I moved the tank there was a bit of salt creep but a slight scrub and all was fine. at the end of the day, you can always resand and varnish the wood if you ever shut down.

Back
Top Bottom