RSS Orca Nitra-Guard BioCubes available to North America now from Polyplab

Discussion in 'RSS Feeds' started by MASA Admin, 17 Dec 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASA Admin

MASA Admin Moderator

The Nitrate-reducing Nitra-Guard BioCubes have enjoyed growing use in South Africa and now American aquarists will soon be able to get some locally.*The Reef-roids and medic manufacturer, Polyplab, have secure a new distribution deal with the south African based company OCRA laboratories, makers of the Nitra-Guard bio-cubes. The deal gives to Polyplab the role of main distributor in North America and the opportunity to bring *the nitrate removal system as a must have for all aquarist in this market

The Bio-cubes , as generally designated in the North American aquarist community, have generated a lot of discussion and talks about is effectiveness and*modus operandi*in removing high level of nitrate from fresh and saltwater aquarium. With the company claim of busting 50 ppm of nitrate in 2 weeks without the use of a reactor or dosing system it is enough to make a hobbyist dream.

PolypLab just got their first batch of Orca’s magic nitrate-killing BioCubes and have begun shipping to dealers all over North America. The NitraGuard cubes come in three sizes of packages, 250ml, 500ml and a one liter size which have a suggested price of $14.99, $26.99 and $49.99 respectively. We don’t yet have any details on the Platinum version of the BioCubes, as far as pricing and availability, but if the regular line lives up to its claims we will probably see the phosphate-independent Platinum NitraGuard BioCubes soon enough.

We’re still halfway through the testing of our own samples of Nitra-Guard BioCubes and although the Nitrates have not detectably dropped yet, they haven’t risen either. In lieu of doing the suggested “airstone bomb” method of flowing the BioCubes with a media bag and airstone, we’ve opted for a little more deliberate reaction method.

We really wanted to see the Nitra-Guard BioCubes in action so the larger CPR Media tumbler was chosen to react this nitrate reducing media. Since the tumbler already comes with a feed pump with a venturi attachment, by using the CPR Tumbler we are able provide good water flow, great aeration and a front row seat to what’s going on in there. Stay tuned for the results of our testing early next year. If you can’t wait that long, you should be able to pick up some Nitra-Guard BioCubes at PolypLab dealers beginning any day now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click here to read the article...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Woohoo! @KillerWhale. Can we get your autograph now, frame it and in a few years time it will be worth like, like, two tons of cubes or even better as much as Mark Zuckerburg! :whistling:
    On a serious note, well done bud, you deserve it, I am sure it must be satisfying seeing your work come to fruition?!

5. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Nice one Mark!! Time to get a factory going, especialy wrt getting them onto the titanium cubes.... Just by the way, rent and labour and transport costs are a LOT cheaper in Cape Town....
    Saw a nice factory for sale the other day......

6. mandarinman

mandarinman

@KillerWhale why is the price in the usa half of what we pay?

7. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Great job for being able to export a truly South African product to the US market!

8. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Well those prices seems very much in line with the specials currently running at Perky Pets superstore. $49.99 is R428.02.
    Perky sells at R459

bargain
    Why I focus on Perky? Because they are close to you.

Also it is a suggested price of $14.99, $26.99 and $49.99 respectively. I do not know if that is the price to dealers, or to customers, with or without tax.

9. mandarinman

mandarinman

they are running a cost price special.

10. mandarinman

mandarinman

what is the normal south african selling price?

11. Express Reef

Express Reef

Why was my post deleted????

12. mandarinman

mandarinman

reson for my question is that i paid double that.

13. Express Reef

Express Reef

me too, I payed just under 1k for one liter from Wild on Pets... that why I asked when can we expect a price drop? Its a local product why must we pay more than what the peeps in USA is paying???

Last edited: 18 Dec 2012
  14. irie ivan

@Express Reef : I do not speak from a position of knowlege here, merely a suspicion...
    Perhaps you should ask your LFS what their markup is. Oops, did I just post that and open a can of worms a week before Christmas......
    And with that coment I put on my bulletproof vest, crawl into my bunker behind my wall.
    Or perhaps its a similar case as those of us tempted to import products ourselves from overseas to save money.....
    Or perhaps the states or Canada took a container load and got bulk discount..?

15. Express Reef

Express Reef

:lol:

16. mandarinman

mandarinman

lmao

17. mandarinman

mandarinman

@KillerWhale what is your recommended selling price? these guys are doing your product a disservice!?

18. irie ivan

Seriously love that reactor!

19. Keanan

Keanan 2time

@RiaanP, they were/are selling them at cost price, to move stock out...

At first I asked the same question, and @irie ivan has it spot on, and I'm gona get shot for saying this ( so I'll go join ivan in that bunker of his) but last I heard it was the rep who set a price for them(LFS) and gave a recommended selling price as well. And yes I believe that because here are lots of LFS in cape town and even with all the competition the prices are very similar to one another...:whistling:

Last edited: 18 Dec 2012
  20. dallasg

there is no RRP, just what shops decide as normal, in SA there is mostly a MAP but thats for advertising etc

21. dallasg

they used to use reps and agents etc, but now Orca is going to do it direct, to many inbetween

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.