Orca Labs Res-q-med

NJH

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has used Orcal Labs Res-q-med for marine ich treatment. It is suposedly reef safe?

have used it in my tank mixed with RO water and it works - no ill effects on corals or fish.

What corals do you have and for how long did you use it? So many products claim to be reef safe and effective. I am always sceptical.

I found this on their facebook page

RES-Q-MED is a reefsafe Whitespot treatment which effectively removes any parasite which goes into a larval stage by stopping any new eggs from hatching.
• Reef safe when used as directed
• Will not negatively impact denitrifying bacteria
• Will not stain aquarium
• Highly economical
Before starting with treatment, discontinue use of ozone, uv, sterilizers and remove carbon. Protein skimming can be used during the entire duration of treatment.
Directions:
Add one level scoop of RES-Q-MED per 200lts water twice daily. First dose should be administered before 09:00 in the morning and the second dose should be administered after 21:30 in the evening. Treatment should be administered for a minimum of 12 days, but should not exceed 22 days.
Do not overdose! RES-Q-MED crystals can cause irritation if in contact with corals. For this reason, RES-Q-MED should be added in a high flow area away from corals such as your sump. Alternatively, dissolve RES-Q-MED in 250ml of RO water and immediately add this solution into your aquarium.

Yes I also read their claims. Was wondering if anyone tried it successfully as I could not find anything on the net. If it works as alleged then it will be fantastic. Seems as if no one other than Fstofberg used it as far as I can tell. I am asking since I lost all my fish due to Ich and fluke outbreak. Stupid mistake on my part. Tank went fallow for 8 weeks and new fish went through proper quarintine. However the one tang seems to have three spots. Not sure if it is Ich again. I hope not.

Last edited:
I've used it.although I don't really have corals, I have a few mushrooms and ricordias on different rocks that are still 100% happy.
But I do have a large GBTA and that is still 110%happy not even weeping.

Well if it works the way they claim then i must say their is hope for white spots in tanks because from what i read about white spot its a nasty bugger and is always in your tank.

worked for me

Think the biggest Q is does it just attack the WS on the fish or will it remove and or prevent future cases of WS

prevent future cases of WS

WS is generally a result of poor fish health, poor environment etc... beef up on husbandry, removing stress and keeping stable params, best prevention

Just start using Res-Q-Med today. My new little blue tang I bought last weekend is covered with whitespot. I have him in my quarantine tank which contains some corals too.
Will update on the results.....

whitespot2.jpg
[/IMG]
whitespot1.jpg
[/IMG]

Been running Res-Q Med in my tank for the last 12 days...it seems to have solved the problem. Will still give it a bit more time but at this stage fairly convinced that its the real deal.

I have been using it for almost two weeks. Seems to have worked as all fish clear and no new infections. My Tennenti was badly infected and is completely clear. No effect on corals either. Time will tell if it will return or not but for now I will cautiously say that it seems to work.

I'm on one week now and the white spot on my little Regal seems a lot less than a week ago. I'll continue and keep you guys updated

20150924-174153.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom