Orca cube salt spray reactor

RiaanP

Reaction score
What is your solution?
How do you trap or prevent salt spray buildup causes by the bubbles from Orca cubes?

I've never used Orca cubes but got asked this question.

I assume you got a primary skimmer running, and the old skimmer is acting mostly just as a reactor body. Is the old skimmer complete? With pump and cup?

I placed them in the bottom chamber of my media rack. Then built a 'bubble diverter' contraption to usher the bubbles into a small compartment that allows them to reach the surface. The compartment is capped off with an acrylic 'hood' that contains the salt spray.

1A497E39-D38B-4B09-AFC2-FCC5B58CC82B.jpg

96B61BCF-5A33-4448-9413-415C1DAE1680_2.jpg

When installed in RSM 130
7FEC285C-4AE9-4E83-952B-39886C986F89.jpg

I assume you got a primary skimmer running, and the old skimmer is acting mostly just as a reactor body. Is the old skimmer complete? With pump and cup?

Correct. Upgraded the skimmer when I moved to a bigger tank and using the old skimmer for the cubes. Cube skimmer is running as a complete unit with its pump and venturi and cup.

I used an plastic lunch box / container with a lid, cut the sides out for free water movement, attached a large pond air stone to the bottom of the container place cubes in bag, place bag in container with lid over... the lid prevent the air from making salt creep...

Last edited:
I've just covered it with filter media, a flat sponge. Will post pics when I am back home.

Back
Top Bottom