And it's not opening fully
I tried putting it under Low light and the button if tank an d still nothing
It only open a little wen my lights go of at nite
Was wondering do they only open when lights are out
Wat am I doin wrong ?
I have softies a d.Lps and spa coral all doin great
Kindly advise
Thanks guys

Yes, you need to feed it regularly as it is non-photosynthetic. It will die without target feeding irrespective of light levels.

Yes, you need to feed it regularly as it is non-photosynthetic. It will die without target feeding irrespective of light levels.
Ok bud will brine shrimp and Cyclopes be ok
Bud ?

Yes, take it out into a tupperware with tank water and feed in there, it will learn to open up after a while when it gets into tupperware.

Yes, take it out into a tupperware with tank water and feed in there, it will learn to open up after a while when it gets into tupperware.
Ok bud thanks a lot
Will try it tonite I let u know wat happens late tonite
Do u have a sun.coral wat do u feed yours ?

Hi guys it's been a few weeks now
I bought my orange sun coral
And it's not opening fully
I tried putting it under Low light and the button if tank an d still nothing
It only open a little wen my lights go of at nite
Was wondering do they only open when lights are out
Wat am I doin wrong ?
I have softies a d.Lps and spa coral all doin great
Kindly advise
Thanks guys
With all due respect, and no intention to offend....: please research the need of corals before you buy them.
High flow, each individual polyps needs to be fed.

With all due respect, and no intention to offend....: please research the need of corals before you buy them.
High flow, each individual polyps needs to be fed.
Non taken bud
I did and i do research before my purchase
I always thought our forum was intended to assist each other and give advise from our experience for others to learn

Non taken bud
I did and i do research before my purchase
I always thought our forum was intended to assist each other and give advise from our experience for others to learn

We are here to help each other and give good advice etc. but rather ask before purchasing something you are unsure of than ending up regretting it at the end of the day. We all have learnt the hard way one time or the other in this hobby of ours and that's how we learn to 'walk' in this hobby.

As a side note I hope the Sun Coral recovers (and I believe it will) as I think they are a stunning feature in a tank.

Thn
We are here to help each other and give good advice etc. but rather ask before purchasing something you are unsure of than ending up regretting it at the end of the day. We all have learnt the hard way one time or the other in this hobby of ours and that's how we learn to 'walk' in this hobby.

As a side note I hope the Sun Coral recovers (and I believe it will) as I think they are a stunning feature in a tank.
Thanks bud I did feed her now and she is opening up and eating will do so every 2nd take
Ps our hobby is awesone

Thn

Thanks bud I did feed her now and she is opening up and eating will do so every 2nd take
Ps our hobby is awesone

I cant remember how often they must be fed but I think as you suggested is a good start. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge on sun corals can give more advice regarding feeding schedule @hotdog83

And yes, this is an awesome hobby:thumbup:

I cant remember how often they must be fed but I think as you suggested is a good start. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge on sun corals can give more advice regarding feeding schedule @hotdog83

And yes, this is an awesome hobby:thumbup:
Thanks bud

Thanks bud
I'd say for now, feed it daily just so it can get settled and less shy. If they are taken care of properly they are stunning. Personally I think light it least of your worries. Just my opinion. Keep it where you can See it and enjoy it with some decent flow. Good luck.

Just keep an eye on your nutrient levels, you will get spikes from feeding daily (won't be immediately noticeable at first but it will happen).

Good luck and hope it thrives! :)

Just keep an eye on your nutrient levels, you will get spikes from feeding daily (won't be immediately noticeable at first but it will happen).

Good luck and hope it thrives! :)
Will this still matter if he is feeding in a Tupperware outside the tank ?

Will this still matter if he is feeding in a Tupperware outside the tank ?
Should not (sorry, didn't see that he will be doing that).
I know the coke bottle feeding method is mostly used for target feeding so was working under that impression :)

Back
Top Bottom