Online Pet Shop

Discussion in 'Pet Stop SA' started by Storm, 29 Sep 2008.

1. Storm

Storm

Hello, to anyone working @ Pet Stop. Your "Online Pet Shop". I see its missing alot of features. Is this something that is still under development and will be finished/updated. Or is it just some dead code taking up space on your site?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Moolis Moolman

Moolis Moolman Pet Stop SA Sponsor

Busy

Busy with it but have to move it all to a .co.za site and this take time (time I dont have at present - have to sit down with designer and sort it out ASAP)

4. Moolis Moolman

We intend to find a outside developer to setup the online shop - the deadline is 1 March 2010

5. christiaan

christiaan

IMO . . .An online shop shouldnt take more than a couple of weeks??? Max

I believe many of the SA pet shops can do a much better job at setting up their Websites - not very many are on par....

Just my 2cents sorry

6. Storm

Storm Thread Starter

Um 2010? ure joking right? a new website+design wont take more then 24hours for a capable designer.

I will agree with u here... just take a look @ overseas sites. They are top-notch with a buying cart and everything. There was one I frequently visit which was even selling the entire site to the public... So yea its very doable.

7. Moolis Moolman

I will post a full answer later

BUT basically

We as shop owner in SA could not be compared with overseas sites at all!!!!!!

M2C

Ps - full answer when I have time

8. Moolis Moolman

Saw this just now!!!

Hi reefers

I just "discovered" through Andre- this thread again.

Threads like this are great to look back and see what is happening now compared to what was planed :razz:

Murphy always ensure that something go wrong and work out "completely different " to what you planed:lol:

• My short term goal was to have the basic frame up and running by March 2010
    • Then my target was to have the most essential products on line
    • The following target is to have all the products (7000+) my retail shop carry on this onlineshop
    • My longer term goal is to have ALL MY WHOLESALERS PRODUCTS no this onlineshop.
    • Then me final goal is to grow to become the biggest / best Pet Shop online shop in SA
    At present we have reached the 1st 2 targets, Thank you Richard:thumbup:

Now the hurdle of all the products carried by Pet Stop need to be added.:(

Just to answer some previous comments:
    • How long does it take to load a product? Myself and Richard together can only load 60 products on a GOOD DAY due to the other duties that need to be done. So calculate for yourself, it are VERY time consuming!!!!!
    • If i knew how much extra work I would get on my already bending fork, I would most properly not have done this:p
    • To compare SA online with overseas online shops is, in the words of Pick & Pay's franchise director "Like comparing USA navy with Zimbabwe's army, incomprehensible"
    • Online shops in SA are light years behind the rest of the 1st world. mostly due to customers inexperience (I could attest to this, you must see the amount of questions we must answer, even though the answers are on the 1st page of the site), lack of trust and their limited excess to the Internet. PLUS we love to get that personal attention:p that the online shop will never provide.
    BUT why then are PET STOP waisting their time?:whistling:
    We are confident that we are not waisting our time, we do have confidence that this will change within the following 5 years = 2015 and then we need to be ready!!!:slayer:

PLUS
    The success of the "cripple" online shop at present are 400x better than my wildest projections. So the 5 years might be much shorter, only time will tell.;)

Recent Posts