One of our pups needs help

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Possibly one for Thallion (or Dogshow?)

Out of the 8 pups, the 7 boys are rapidly gaining weight (from around 300g to the biggest at 600g in 4 days)
BUT the little girly is struggling to put any weight on, the boys are too strong for her to get in and get her share, we have some special formula for young pups called Lactol which we are suplimenting her feeding, but it is tricky to get her to feed from a bottle, so.. any ideas guys, she is holding her own (just) but i know that my wife would be heart broken if Mouse (her name now) didn't make it.

I rekon you will have to mother it because if the mother is not feeding it then she has givin up on it. It will probely die otherwise.

my R5

I rekon you will have to mother it because if the mother is not feeding it then she has givin up on it. It will probely die otherwise.

my R5

Yep we are trying to feed her, mum hasn't given up though, we have to sneak the pup out of her bed without mum noticing, if she spots us she takes her back:lol:

Keep on feeding her she will survive. The boys always grow faster and eat more from the mom.

look my aunt is know this kind of stuff i will talk to her then pm you

We took the little one to the vets this morning, it turned out she had a cleft palate, the vet said she would only get worse, so it was decided to be kinder to put her to sleep, thanks for all the help and support folks.

Shame, such a short life. At least you did your best for her.

My condolences Mike. It's rough having to make that decision. Had to do the same for my Malamute of 12 years two weeks back.

My condolences Mike. It's rough having to make that decision. Had to do the same for my Malamute of 12 years two weeks back.

Jeez, it's horrid isn't it, we worked so hard to save the little girl, but it was all to no avail, she was only 4 days old, how the hell did we fall in love with her?

Sorry to hear my mate, really sorry to hear:(

Thanks folks, the fellas are doing great, they have all nearly doubled in weight, so mostly good stuff, will post some more pics as they get older, just to let you see how they are doing.

Sorry that I only saw this thread of yours now, Mike. So sorry to hear about the young lass....
Condolences to your family.. I know - it feels like that little one is part of the family already, hey! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom