One fish at a time or Pairs?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by PeterL, 21 Mar 2010.

1. PeterL

PeterL

I have single Clown in my tank, 2 anemones and this little guy still apreas misserable. Do I add a 2nd or just leave him for a while? He has also only been in for about a day or so but seems unhappy in that he just sits in a corner and doesn't explore at all. I don't know if this is normal behavior for a clown newly introduced or should it be more active?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Bud you need some help soon. PM me your address and i will pop around for an hour or so tomorrow and give you some pointers.

4. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

Based on you guys being part of a large/professional installers - and based on my limited and exhausted budget...I got to fight along with what I got. Hence hoping for advice and feedback online.

5. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

But look, I will accept all and any donations and will glady allow you to work your majic and create a display unit of note for additional company adertising :thumbup:

6. Anemone

Anemone

Stop adding livestock for now. What are your water parameters? Your tank has only been running for a few weeks. Anemones don’t do well in new tanks. You will likely have issues with the anemones very soon. I recommend returning the anemones and spend some time researching their care while your system matures.

As for the clownfish appearing miserable, it may just be stressed, and may come around. Do you know if this was a wild caught clownfish or is it captive raised. Is there any other livestock in the tank? Is the clownfish eating?

7. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

I got up this morning and things seems "normal", I guess it was just newbie paranoia. The fish are swimming about like expected and overall life in the tank seems good. I understand that marine tanks are not in a hurry with anything you do - slower is better I have been advised.

There is other plant life ie. corals/general plants, a bit of LR with loads of "goodies" developing. Considering I got a clam with some of the LR about a week ago and it has taken from then until now to open fully, the time I have between adding livestock seems not to be the problem so much as more with not knowing the reactions of adding certian species to the tank and the time delays they all have in being introduced to when they settle down to "normal" life.

8. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

To answer the one question, the Clown is eating. It is a maroon clown about 1,5inch (approx 30mm) in size. Overall he looks healthy enough...to date I haven't had a single article in the tank show signs of abnormality other than stress, growth seems OK. It appears that the Clown was stressed because he had only been in the tank for a day or so, a bit of "shyness" to the new environment added to the mix I would assume

Recent Posts