On-line tank status

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by neo, 7 Jan 2010.

1. neo

neo

How about adding some functionality to this forum where members can store tank parameters, maybe with a graph funtion as well, linked to a members profile so others can view it. you can make it a paid option to cover some cost of the storage.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

You can do that using the Aquarium Specs in your usercp, which is displayed/linked to your profile, it just can't do the graph function.

4. neo

neo Thread Starter

sorry, actualy meant water parameters, this also possible?

5. vatso

vatso

If space & hosting is an issue I would help with that - if there is online software out there that offers this I can host it for everyone

6. viper357

Do you mean something where you can enter your parameters daily or weekly or just an option to list your parameters?

7. neo

neo Thread Starter

yes, something like an online excel sheet to keep track of either dayly/weekly results from testing water and checking temp, could also add auto color coding to indicate when values are out of bounds
    Can limit each member to one update a day and can limit the data as well.
    After one year you avarage the values for that year and save that avarage value and wipe the rest and start a new year - this is just to regain some space, can even export the values to csv or excel before wiping it.
    Values can be stored against user id in one of the free db's available.

i know you can do this with an excel book from the downloads section but having it on-line with a members profile enable others to see it and to see trend's thus if someone asks for help on a problem this info is avail quickly.

8. Sentari

Sentari

Neo.... nobody tests their vaules daily. I never test my parameters only when i see something go wrong. I think it is a good idea but... think it will die out.

9. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

Agreed, nice idea, but most reefers only test when one of theirs corals or other inmates tells them something is not lekker ...........its one of those things inbetween science and art

10. viper357

It's a good idea but I have to agree that it will probably cause more headaches and stress by trying to implement something like this compared to the minimal use it will receive. Best to use a program like http://www.aquariumlab.com/

Recent Posts