Okay just 2 more things to ID

Nick R

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
100_4611.jpg
i have these funny worm things in my sump what are they?

and these little white things are all over my tank even growing on my turbin snails shell should i kill them (not the snails)

100_4627.jpg

Thank you in andvance

Reaction score
All this referral to killing is against I belief..... Talk to the I Before Killing...

1. They are funny worm things that grow a calcerous skeleton, a type of tubeworm, often has deep red plume, which acts to catch food . Found mostly growing in areas of less active predation by fish, slower flow and more available suspended particulate organic matter. (food) In areas of higher flow, you will find the darker plumed relative, just as tiny, but instead of growing a calcerous skeleton against a surface, it will grow a skeleton proturding into the current. The only known danger the second type poses is to wiping out your system.
This generally occurs when the hobbyist moves liverock around or services pumps. The protruding calcerous skeleton will prick your skin faster than a minora blade, causing you to jolt from the surprize, fear of the unknown
, ( I mean really, did a blue ring octo hitch a ride in on liverock and just bite you).... Knock the tank, crack the glass, have water pouring onto the floor, that powertool you did not unplug, the earth leakage you did not have installed cause you saved up for some corals, the bare feet on the extension lead you forgot outside and was too happy to discover not stolen so did not bother looking to see if the wire is exposed on this cheap special extention lead......... until now when it send a jolt through you which dont stop jolting until you hit the floor, hands contracting against the tank wall, pulling it down with you........
And all just for a little feather duster, serpulid worm, (or was that snail,no snails crawl around, but then.... so do worms......) (yes they are worms, not killer invader alien species...... I HOPE!! ) who hitched a ride on some liverock, was happy enough in your developing ecosystem to reproduce and grow to that size...... which you could have killed..... and saved your tank, sorry ecosystem......

2.) As for the second picture..............Dont have a clue

Yeah right!!:lol:

Let the one who creates it, be the one to take it.

Reaction score
Eish... straight over the top of my head. :)

Pic two is a Sycon. or a hairy sponge

Reaction score
Sycons.... OOOOH yes remember that now..... Shouldn't they be killed too?

HEy sunburst, your tank looking looking cool as ever?

Reaction score
Chuckle chuckle. Thanks. Are you able to spot your spawn
No, he must have a school of well trained Berghia verrucicornis devouring my spawn.....

;)

Reaction score
Why not, cant we dry them and smoke them???

Nick R

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
1. They are funny worm things that grow a calcerous skeleton, a type of tubeworm, often has deep red plume, which acts to catch food . Found mostly growing in areas of less active predation by fish, slower flow and more available suspended particulate organic matter. (food) In areas of higher flow, you will find the darker plumed relative, just as tiny, but instead of growing a calcerous skeleton against a surface, it will grow a skeleton proturding into the current. The only known danger the second type poses is to wiping out your system.
This generally occurs when the hobbyist moves liverock around or services pumps. The protruding calcerous skeleton will prick your skin faster than a minora blade, causing you to jolt from the surprize, fear of the unknown
, ( I mean really, did a blue ring octo hitch a ride in on liverock and just bite you).... Knock the tank, crack the glass, have water pouring onto the floor, that powertool you did not unplug, the earth leakage you did not have installed cause you saved up for some corals, the bare feet on the extension lead you forgot outside and was too happy to discover not stolen so did not bother looking to see if the wire is exposed on this cheap special extention lead......... until now when it send a jolt through you which dont stop jolting until you hit the floor, hands contracting against the tank wall, pulling it down with you........
And all just for a little feather duster, serpulid worm, (or was that snail,no snails crawl around, but then.... so do worms......) (yes they are worms, not killer invader alien species...... I HOPE!! ) who hitched a ride on some liverock, was happy enough in your developing ecosystem to reproduce and grow to that size...... which you could have killed..... and saved your tank, sorry ecosystem......

thanks for the insight lol. its not that i want to kill everything that arrives in my tank but every time i posted pics of some new amazing thing that arrived with live rock i get told that its bad and i must KILL KILL KILL, because it will destory my ecosystem!

those little white thingys just really started to multiply over night so i just want to know if they good or bad.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Crikey Ivan, a bit heavy on the Bob Marley weed old chap :D

Reaction score
Its not weed mon....... It grows like weed, but its not a weed...... Wish it would grow as fast as your green stuff.... You gotta teach me a secret or two..

Reaction score
:slayer:

ivan you should do standup comedian work