okay i'm down to these two skimmer's now which one?

Reaction score
hello all i'm busy buying all the bits for my new tank and i'm stuck on which skimmer i can get the bubble magus 260 for R5500 or i can get the new reef octopus bubble blaster in sump for R6100 so which one do i take, i know both are kick ass but i dig both. Help from who has one or used them. Thanks

Reef octopus definitely. You wont go wrong. They are excellent skimmers.

I think you're going to have to close your eyes and just pick one :p they both have great reputations, difficult to choose which one. Perhaps look at things like collection cup size, noise, volume of airflow being injected into the skimmer, contact time between bubbles and air (taller and fatter = better), dunno, difficult one, choose the prettiest one :)

I think Jacques had Reef Octopus before he upgraded to Bubble Magus and if I remember correctly he said the BM outperformed the RO, will have to double check on that though.

cool viper i'll have a look at those, does anyone know if either one is very noisy?

They're both brilliant skimmers. The after service for RO I know but not for the bubble magus. You need to also ask yourself should things go wrong can I get it sorted out without waiting forever or having to import things form the other side of the world. The guys also make very good point to consider

I agree the after sales support/spares would be my concern. I know the Reef Octo agents and they keep loads of spares etc.

Not sure who the BM agents are.

So my choice would be - RO unless the BM was loads cheaper.

Bubble Blaster man, Its new technology, and works amazing. Sub has 1 in his cube and it only pulls out gunk after he feeds his tank its crazily strong

Fleur - Unfortunately, I would not be able to comment on the "After-sales service" for the Bubble Magus. As I have not had major issues with it at all. The only issues I had, a day after putting it to service, was to tighten the recirculating pump's fittings, where they go into the skimmer body. They were a wee bit loose, and dripped some water.....

BUT, since then - no issues at all - and I have had mine now for about 8 months....

I also know that Reef Octopus is really good. Sorry man. Difficult decision....

What pump/s does the RO come with? That new pump that Lanzo advertised recently? The Bubble Magus comes with 2 x recirculating pin-wheel AquaBee pumps. The exact same pumps as what the Bubble Master and Bubble King skimmer came out with, a while back...

Back
Top Bottom