Official Response from TUNZE reef flow rate

Discussion in 'Tunze SA' started by George, 19 Jul 2011.

1. George

George Sponsor

Stellungnahme bezüglich des Artikels von Michael Sandford, William Straka, Sanjay Joshi bezüglich „Flow Output of Aquarium Propeller Pumps“
    Der veröffentlichte Artikel über Strömungsmessungen in der Firma EcoTech USA zeigt auf, dass offensichtlich die Pumpen der genannten Firma gute Ergebnisse aufweisen. Aufgrund dieser wirtschaftlichen Zusammenhänge ist klar, dass die Messungen so ausgefallen sind, dass ein wirtschaftlicher Vorteil erreicht wird. Die Messanordnung, sowie die korrekte Berücksichtigung von Turbulenzen erscheinen jedoch nicht vollständig bearbeitet. Die hier gemessenen Pumpen der Mitbewerber haben alle keine Strömungsausrichtung zur Turbulenzreduzierung wie unsere Pumpen. Das Ergebnis ist, dass die Turbulenzen große Messfehler verursachen.

Als Erfinder dieser Pumpenklasse wurden wir oft kopiert, nun aber auch kritisiert. Wir stellen jedoch in Frage, ob diese Messung ein Beleg dafür ist, wie gut sich eine Pumpe tatsächlich im Aquarium eignet. Durch die Konstruktion erweisen sich TUNZE® Pumpen im Allgemeinen strömungsstärker am Riffgestein als Pumpen von anderen Anbietern. Dieses wichtige praktische Ergebnis langjähriger Forschung wurde ebenfalls nicht berücksichtigt.

Comment regarding the article by Michael Sandford, William Straka, Sanjay Joshi, regarding "… flow output of aquarium propeller pumps"
    The published articles on flow measurements at EcoTech USA shows that obviously the pumps of this company have good results. Because of these economic relationships it is clear that the measurements used, had an issue in order to achieve an economic benefit. The measuring constellation and the correct consideration of turbulences appear, however, not to be fully processed. The measured pumps of competitors have no flow correction to reduce turbulences, like our pumps. The result is, that these turbulences cause a big measuring failure.

Since inventing this pump class in Jan 2002 and shown to the world at Interzoo May 2002, we have been copied many times. We put into question, however, that this measurement is only evidence of how suitable a pump has to be for an aquarium. Due to the construction of our pumps, it is proved in general, we have stronger, directional design for flow across the aquarium reef than other providers. This important practical result has also not taken into account.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tremayn

Tremayn

I did not even understand what the conclusion was :whistling:

4. IMarine

IMarine

Hi George ,i must say after trying all pumps on the market Tunze still comes out no 1:thumbup:

5. durleo

durleo

I guess the marketing department thought they could rectify the situation by making right on the pumps claims but the engineers took it to the accountants who decided it was cheaper for the legal team to send out a vague statement. :dft003:

6. Tremayn

Tremayn

vague indeed

7. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Not vague!

It is what is says - Tunze is a market leader in the market they play in strong DIRECTIONAL flow streams.
    Tunze is king when it xome to build quality and pumps that last!
    L8r

8. Tremayn

Tremayn

so whats their excuse? I read the statement and didnt get the point ov it :whistling:

9. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Seems like Tunze cant tell the difference between flow and velocity either:whistling:.
    Scratch me as a potential customer when they publish drivel like the above!

10. Max98

Max98

I think everybody is over reacting. If it was a race for water quantity that can be pushed, it would have been a problem, but there is more to a flow pump than quantity of water.

The tunze pumps are good quality pumps. It is better for longer tanks since the flow is a little more laminar and you can actually point it in a direction. :thumbup:

I will definitely not trade my tunze's for a vortech or any other pump.

11. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

@Max98

I say +1

For flow Tunze is just in a class of its own.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  12. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

I belive tunze pumps are just as good as they ever where, nothing has canged scince the test. They perform just as befor. the market leader since 2002. copied many times but never improved :thumbup:

13. George

George Thread Starter Sponsor

Thanks for the vote of confidence, it really is only the TUNZE users who know what they are like. Many guys have said they have seen a Vortech and TUNZE next to each other in a tank and there is no comparison, TUNZE wins hands down. It is a pity for guys who have never had TUNZE, they are really missing out.
    Cheers Anita

14. George

Thanks butcherman, cheers Anita

15. George

Thanks Max98, you are not the only one, even guys that have changed from other pumps to TUNZE cannot believe the difference......cheers Anita

16. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

i cant understand how you can form a baseline test for 2 such vastly different pumps and expect them to compete with one another, Vortech and Tunze are both nice pumps each having their pros and cons..

i have had a multitude of pumps in search of the best option and i found Tunze to suit my needs perfectly...

they are by far the most advanced pumps where flow minipulation is concerned with very little maintenance and no wearing... extreemly controllable and definatley a LIFELONG investment...

keeping in mind i have had 8 Seio (various sizes), 4 Voretchs, 2 AM ocean props, 3 Tunze.

17. George

Hi, I do not know if you have ever had a TUNZE pump, but it is a pity that you will be missing out, cheers Anita

18. lIghty

lIghty

Personally if also feel this statement was a waste of time. If a company had tried to run down my product I would have come back with factual evidence and figures to prove otherwise

Last edited: 20 Jul 2011
  19. coswecanfly

coswecanfly

+1

20. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

+2

21. George

Lighty Im surprised at your statement Tests and comparisons are on the way, did you expect aninstant proof etc. remember we concieded these figures published were theoretical. Naturally we were totally unprepaired. So give it some time and wait.

George

Recent Posts