Picture009.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Any sugestions welcome

Hey Octopus looking good, how about some pics of the sump and info on the system lighting etc.

Looking good there Oct. Aquacaping not so cool.
Too upright. Get leaning back at a 45 deg angle or so...
But nice skimmer and cool setup!!!

ok, will take some pics of the sump and post tomorrow. Thanx mashrie will take another look at the scaping this week as soon as I get the rest of my live rock etc.

I quite like your upright reef but as Mashrie is suggesting i think, you will struggle to get max corals in there without some more rock in foreground to create slope.

Maybe you can leave a bit of upright, its different.

Very Nice setup Octo!!

Tell us more about your lighting, flow, water changing regime, other hardware etc.

Cheers

It's arragonite len, just rinse it properly before you put it in your tank, don't do like I did, had a pure white tank for days.

Very Nice Octo - I like it a lot !!

I also like that dramatic upright / cliff wall look. As Mash say's it will be limiting so I suppose it depends on what you intend on keeping.

Well done so far :)

Would corals not grow on a vertical cliff in a tank?

I also like that dramatic upright / cliff wall look. As Mash say's it will be limiting so I suppose it depends on what you intend on keeping.

Would corals not grow on a vertical cliff in a tank?

When doing cliff dives I have seen a number do this. They typically do it by growing out first and then up, so have a 45 deg orientation. LPS seem particularly adapt in doing this.

Would algae be more of a problem in this setup because of the increase in shaded areas?

By adding more overhangs, will this not allow more corals to grow on the life rock onto of these protrusions?

Sorry about all the questions (pls move to another thread if better) but would like to do something similar, don't like the crowded look at have seen in the typical 45 deg life rock configuration, this would also not allow for open sand in smaller tanks.

As fro the aquascaping, this can work if there are lots of shelves jutting out at different heights. MAybe an area with more of slope can also be created. One really needs to play around with aquascapign until you achieve the look you want, and that suits the nees of the corals you keep.

Depending on what corals one want to keep, you can place softies like star polyps and zooanthids on the vertical faces and they can grow and cover the whole area.

looks cool man!!!

i also like the idea of open water space

Looking good Octopus....

Very nice skimmer you have there...

and ya...pics of the sump please

Back
Top Bottom