Octo Float Switch

Andreas

Flame Angel
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have noticed that my Octo float switch seems to malfunction quite often recently.

I presume that it gets stuck and just empties out the entire RO tank.Have you guys experienced the same thing?

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
yip it has happened to me allot

take it out and clean the reeds switch and place the powerhead higher up in the drum, so if the switch get stuck again it won't pump all the water in the tank

Punk

Chromis
Reaction score
this is disturbing, i have the same auto topup that i want to use in my new setup... didn't your sump overflow as a result of this?

Andreas

Flame Angel
Reaction score
yip it has happened to me allot

take it out and clean the reeds switch and place the powerhead higher up in the drum, so if the switch get stuck again it won't pump all the water in the tank
But that defeates the purpose of using a bigger RO tank.I would then have to fill the tank up often

this is disturbing, i have the same auto topup that i want to use in my new setup... didn't your sump overflow as a result of this?
Nope lucky I have enough space in my sump for that. I might have a problem if the RO tank dumps all its water in sump and the power goes off.The water from the display might just cause the sump to overflow:p

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
well the saga levl controller is just a few bucks more, and this won't happen to it

hadiosbourne

Clownfish
Reaction score
well the saga levl controller is just a few bucks more, and this won't happen to it
Hey Lanzo, I know its been a long time, but do you have any idea how much the saga controllers are going for?

thanks bud:thumbup:

neemow

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Same happened to me but it stops if I refill the ro tank before the ro water is finished, I think it has something to do with air getting trapped in the switch , so try keep the switch submerged constantly:)