Octagon Dream

Reaction score
Hi all, posting this here so I have a bit of history on my tank to look back on in time. Also I know how much everyone likes watching tanks get built and mature and evolve.

So I have been out of the game for about 10 years now. Shut down all my tanks before moving to our house where we are currently. Busy life, kids, thought of immigration kind of put a halt on my salty adventures. Didn't want to startup and then have to shut down because we move. Anyway long story short at this stage we are hanging around, which now allows me the opportunity to start up a tank again.

So for 10 years I have stared at a spot in my house which is a complete waste of space. The only thing it's good for is a tank. Slightly odd, slightly difficult but makes a tank a real show piece like it was built for it
20230227_164928.jpg

As you can see from the shape it's basically a big cube with the corners cut off
20230116_104324.jpg

Tank will be 1330x1330x800. Obviously with the corners cut off.To give you and idea of the size here are the arch sizes which are basically the same on all sides
20230116_104344.jpg

Sorry I'm quite perplexed by this, not sure why the original owners put it there if its not load bearing. Doesn't seem like it is if there is a skylight above it.

Would be much easier if you could remove and build a dream tank without limitations and pain in the ass obstacles.

I believe it was a fire place originally, so the "skylight" is actually an ex chimney. It is load bearing so wouldn't want to fiddle with it too much. The house is round so the whole roof joins there in the middle

Going to be an epic build. Just a word of caution with the adjustable feet on the stand. this will have a very high point load on the floor tiles and could cause cracking if they have not ben well laid. Tap and check for any hollowness under the tiles - Once you've levelled of the stand you could also grout under the frame of the stand to spread the load.

Back
Top Bottom