Urgent help needed Ocelleris white mouth

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Ari, 20 Jul 2011.

1. Ari

Ari

I just recently purchased a pair of tank bred ocelleris clownfish. It has been 5 days now and they just nibble the flakes not really eat it. They look happy to me, they swim around etc. But the bigger clown's mouth is open and stays like that her lips are a bit white. Please help:(

Picture 1:
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jeann1

Jeann1

Hi.

This is a mouth fungus - I dont know exactly what fungus it is - but it can be very deadly as the fish stop eating eventually.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2011
  4. Ari

Ari Thread Starter

Jeann1, I don't know... I have researched this and I'm can't find many proper articles people say it could be a scratch from digging or it's related to pregnancy etc. The problem is they haven't been eating since I got them... All they will do is swallow it and spit it right out or they will just take a small nibble and quicky swim away from it. The shop owner said I should give them some time they will eventully eat. I am going this weekend to buy frozen foods mabye they will eat that. It could be a lack of nutrtion which I'm positively sure it is:(

5. Seabass

Seabass

Check with Henk, he is a sponsor selling Microbe Lift range of products, sure he can suggest a product to assist. Herbana or Artemiss, something like this. But google it. I'm not sure which will help.

6. FransSny

FransSny

Difficult to see on the pic but it could be fungal (cotton mouth disease) or cauliflower disease caused by lymphocysts which is viral.

For fungal Artemesis will work , for viral normally only food soaked in broad spectrum antibiotics will work.

7. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

what was the shop owner feeding them? Maybe try giving them what they were eating in the shop.

Are the clowns the same size? Have you seen them fighting at all?

8. Jeann1

Jeann1

Feed them te same food as the shop did like 459b suggested. I was refering to Cotton mouth earlier - my clown also got it - they do nibble on food for a while,and then they stop eating. Watch their lips, if the white gets more, medicate them. It takes a few days before its starts looking worse..

I hope it's only nutritient problems, or fighting etc. ..

9. Ari

Ari Thread Starter

Hey guys, so the clowns lips are more white and there is a single white strand from her body. I put her in a container so that I can replace the containers water with the tanks water and throw her water away while I medicate her. I still have to see what this is... The shop owner fed them Formula one flakes and I got one small clown and one big clown so they are happy together but not anymore...:( I hope the smaller one does not get the disease...

Recent Posts