Oceanarium/ Public Aquarium

Reaction score
I thought about this now for some time and decided to ask all members which is/are fortunate enough to stay close to an Oceanarium to maybe post pics of some of the tanks as well as their livestock. Have only been in 01 many moons ago. Friends of mine was in Capetown during the festive season and said the one in Capetown is beautiful, especially the one with all the corals etc.

So please guys and gals, if you fortunate enough to live close to a Public Aquarium, please share some pics with us. It would be interesting to see how many (big or small) of these places are around.....

Hey Sean, you allready got an "oceanarium" - It would be a public aquarium if you invite us all over for a beer....ummm , sorry I mean to look at it.....:1:

Hey Sean, you allready got an "oceanarium" - It would be a public aquarium if you invite us all over for a beer....ummm , sorry I mean to look at it.....:1:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking about those big ones you walking in where you only pay for an entrance fee. At this stage mine is costing me big time for the "public"- No entrance fees, depletion of Windhoek Lager Stock and the Brandy and Rum is also on the endangered list as we speak. Eish, can just not win.....

Ok, here's some pics from uShaka Marine World.

For some reason I don't have any pics of their coral tank, dunno why :(

Millepora found it very hard to concentrate on what was in the tanks :p
IMGP1097.jpg

The Chillers
IMGP1012.jpg

The entrance
IMGP1014.jpg

IMGP1019.jpg

IMGP1024.jpg

IMGP1025.jpg

IMGP1027.jpg

IMGP1030.jpg

DB Board
IMGP1048.jpg

Cabling to and from the DB board
IMGP1061.jpg

Mini frag farm
IMGP1065.jpg

Tools of the trade
IMGP1066.jpg

Injured turtle under quarantine
IMGP1067.jpg

Some of us from Durban
IMGP1068.jpg

Protein skimmers
IMGP1055.jpg

IMGP1054.jpg

IMGP1053.jpg

IMGP1052.jpg

Thank you Dean, more than I asked for. It is amazing, now my kids(myself too) are depro cause we did not go during December.

BTW, nice legs (calves) in post 01. No offence to anyones wife/girlfriend, rather a compliment....

Imagine emptying out that skimmate !!! Shovel and a few wheelbarrows. Insane how extreme the equipment is here.

Hi guys - I will try and convince my wife that we should actually go INSIDE the aquarium for a change, when we go and fetch water ;-)
and then I will take some pics of the reef aquarium for you, Sean....

There is ONLY ONE reef aquarium - the other tropical marine tanks are species tanks (one tank for NEMO's), another for eals, etc., etc...
The rest of the tanks on the INSIDE are mostly cold water tanks (temperate water).

I do, but gimme a couple of weeks, i will pop into the London Aquarium, then the Sea life centre in Brighton (south coast, if you look at a map):)

What is a Map????? We have Gps now....LoL..... Yet no Electricity:yeahdude::yeahdude: :yeahdude:

Back
Top Bottom