NP pellets: Info need

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by flamming angel, 28 Feb 2012.

1. flamming angel

flamming angel

Hey all

I have been running NP pellets in a phosban reactor for some time now, only good results. A day ago something went wrong with the pump so i shut it down. So the pellets have been standing in the reactor without moving for about 2 days. I sorted the pump and need to restart it. I put it on just to test and the stink was hectic, so i switched it off. Any advise on how i can run it now? Do i need to run it in some other salt water before i put it back to run in my sump?

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Rince them off properly and restart as all the bacteria would have been klled off.

flamming angel likes this.
  4. Reefhead

Reefhead

Your bacteria colonies have died on the pellets
    You could rinse them off properally and then re use them without a problem, make sure they are all rinsed prop or else the die off will cause huge spike in nutrients.
    The only problem is now your filtration is none so your established system is running without filtration untill your pellets get up and going again

flamming angel likes this.
Recent Posts