Np Pellet reactor help

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Dee318i, 16 Apr 2012.

1. Dee318i

Dee318i

Hi guys i want to put in a Np Pellet reactor for my tank to help with algae control, but im not too sure which one i should buy and if my skimmer is powerful enough to use with the reactor ( rated for tanks 800 - 2000 litres Skimz SM201) My tank is 648 litres excluding the sump, please advise thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Achilles

Achilles

The advice i can give is get the best reactor you can afford for biopellets as cheap ones will give you endless hassles with them clogging up and with incorrect flow. Also read up alot on the threads on them they can be finicky and you really cant be ignorant of some of the problems they can cause if not used correctly. Biopellets are still new and people are fine tuning their use all the time.

Your skimmer seems adequate but it must be positioned to receive the majority of the outflow from the biopellet reactor

4. Dee318i

Dee318i Thread Starter

Okay thanks for that, ive just been hearing many different things about it but i see what other information i can fine, thanks for your advice

5. duanead

duanead

I must agree with Achilles I've also started with a cheap np reactor and I paid the price with months and months of problems until I upgraded to a better one and thing are looking pretty good now

6. Dee318i

Dee318i Thread Starter

Thanks man, will defnately use your advice, i heard that it takes about three months for the reactor to work properly is that true?!?

7. Tremayn

Tremayn

that depends on your nutrient load in your tank. If you run NP from the beginning its a lot better apparently..

I saw the JNS reactors in action, they swirl the pellets around. Looks pretty good and would probably eliminate the need to pump the reactor

8. zyttron

zyttron

I'd try out a quarter size of your tank. Skimz is excellent but imo for a reactor is pointless to spend so much, after is not that you cannot run without it.

Recent Posts