Now this is live rock!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by pkc, 7 Jul 2013.

1. pkc

pkc

Have a look at this guys and gals, we found this is in two feet of water walking around in some rock pools. Don’t ask where, it’s just the extreme beauty of what the ocean can produce that I am showing and something big and beautiful that swam past!
    I was looking for my favourite algae, the extreme blue/purple variety and after finding quite a few small sections of it, this turned up.
    To some this may not look that nice, but to be fairly incrusted with my fav algae, to me there is near nothing prettier in the ocean
    A piece of live rock like this approximately the size of a dinner plate,wow!
    It wasn’t collected;I already had plenty of my fav algae, you can only take the algae out here, not calcium skeleton.
    Oh and a near all white whale with blotchy colour around its face, and with spotted colour on the very top of its dorsel and a near black tail, the rest totally white, swam past and we thought its migalu,spelling?
    But this one was only around 15 or so feet long and the one next to it a hell of a lot bigger!
    No pics, we were on anchor having lunch when they zoomed past the boat. It looked like white water under the water as it went off into the distance, quite fast as well.
    This is my fav.
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

definitely a nice piece of rock. it will look great in a FOWLR system

4. pkc

pkc Thread Starter

It would look nice alright,but the problem is you would have to exclude some herbivores as they would eat it.
    My cole tangs eat it.

Recent Posts