Notification

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nemos Janitor, 12 Apr 2013.

1. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Is it possible to have a notification for quotes like we have for mentions. There must be hundreds of members that think I am ignoring them, when i simply am not aware of the quote post.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Quote post? Example?
    A notification when somebody used you post (or partial of your post) as a quote in their post?

I know that due to your forum name with the space a lot of time your are miss-mentioned. Mess up the name spelling.

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor Thread Starter

Riaan when someone posts like this then you get a notification like you would a mention.

5. ChrisRaubs

ChrisRaubs

I agree, it would be nice,,, don't know if it could be possible though?

6. Gerhard DP

Gerhard DP

It is possible, another forum likr this one has it.

7. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Yes it is possible, but....what if someone asks you a question without quoting you, or replies to your post without quoting you? Then what?

An easy way to solve this is to click on the link at the top left of the navbar that says UserCP, then you have two options, if you go down and click on "Subscribed Threads" it will take you to a page that will list all of the recent threads you have posted in, the unread ones will be in bold, you can then click the little arrow that will take you to the latest unread post in that thread and you can then read the thread to see if anyone has quoted you or asked you a question.

Or click on UserCP and then click on the heading that says "User Control Panel", that will open up a similar page but will only list the unread threads you have posted in. This I the one I use all the time to check if someone has replied to one of my posts or quoted me or carried on a conversation with me etc. Everyone should use this option ideally. ;)

But to answer your question, yes, the ability to receive a notification every time you get quoted is there, I just need to enable it, however, pro's and con's? Some of the more chatty members are going to get 50 to 60 notifications a day, there are hundreds of quoted posts a day on the forum. It is also not an individual option, so it is either on for everybody or off for everybody. So the function is there, if you guys want it, I can enable it, but first I would recommend starting a poll to see how many people would like this feature enabled.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2013
  8. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

its under "your notifications" tab on the top right hand corner of your navigation bar. Just click on that. That's how I check.

9. Nemos Janitor

Thank you Dean.

10. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

This option works. But chatty guys will always have a full page. Maybe a good thing. :whistling:

11. Nemos Janitor

The new agrees notification is nice.

12. Nemos Janitor

@viper357 just a heads up. The time stamp on the agrees notification is out by a lot of hours.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  13. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Thanks. I think it's using our server time (which is in the US) instead of our local time. Not a big issue I don't think, but I'll ask the authors of the software if there is a way to rectify it.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2015
  14. Nemos Janitor

Yup no issue.

Recent Posts