1. Dean Schreuder

Dean Schreuder

Right I have decided I will be running my tank with NoPo-X and Special Blend.
    I have always had a much smaller tank (3ft) so water changes would be better than dosing with stuff.

How would I Cycle this 2m (650l) tank, I have a Skims rated for 1000l and lighting unit with 3 x 150w MH + 4 x blues.

Also would I have to dose with reef energy or similar items.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

it all depends on what you stock and plan to keep.
    to cycle, add rock, add bacteria and wait for NH4 and NO2 to be 0

Dean Schreuder likes this.
  4. Dean Schreuder

Dean Schreuder Thread Starter

Going to be a full on reef keeping everything well eventually lol... Expensive hobby this is.

5. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

@Dean Schreuder I cycled my tank with Red Sea Reef Mature Pro kit. Lights off while cycling and then after 3 weeks, On for 5 hours and then every week thereafter lights went 1 hour longer till have reached 8 hours. Have not had an algae break out, just diatoms on substrate for 1 week or so in the beginning. I know there are quicker methods for cycling, but i was extremely happy with my outcome, with being patient. Patience is key in this hobby. Just remember with NOPOX is advised to be wet skimming, and don't overdose. Keep us updated with pics. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
    Dean Schreuder likes this.
  6. Dean Schreuder

Dean Schreuder Thread Starter

Im in no rush bud.. Just want to do it right. What filtration are you running and additives etc?
    I will dose according to the dosage instructions:)
    Had my tank already a week and I want water in so bad but my line of work does not permit to many free hours lol.

7. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

initially no, once you have corals, you can start dosing. Have used Reef Energy A&B, great product, you can also use Fuel from seachem, or some of the D&D reef paste etc. just to name a few. Again be careful not to overdose.

8. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

I actually keep mine very simple. Lots of live rock. Filter socks, cleaned regularly. Tunze cannister filter, cleaned weekly, and wet skimming. i Also run an AM UV unit. Dosing weekly with NoPOx, daily with Seachem Fusion 1 & 2 , for calc, and alk levels. Also have a klakstirrer connected to my ATU using Kalk+2. Using D&D Reef paste, Red Sea Reef Energy A&B

Recent Posts