Noob Here help please

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Alsburry, 21 Sep 2013.

1. Alsburry

Alsburry

[FONT=&quot]Hi there people

My name is Alex and I am wanting to start a reef tank setup around March 2014.
    I had a tank build a few years ago with the idea to convert it to a Reef setup somewhere down the road once I new I would not have to move it again.

I live in Potchefstroom, is there somebody in Potchefstroom who I could come talk to? I will even drive to Johannesburg or Pretoria on a weekend. I really want to do this right from the start.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The tank holds around 200 gallons, it has the overflow holes already cut in and so forth. I am going to be making a bit of a bigger stand for it to be able to fit a larger sump because as I understand more water volume is better. I know I need a few item, protein skimmer and so forth, but to be honest I have no idea how this all goes together, how the sump needs to be build, overflows and the piping connected…..[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    Thanks in advance.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

hi and welcome to MASA. here you'll find answers to all your questions. tell us more about your tank and perhaps post some pictures if you can . do toy have any idea of what you would like to keep. fish only... corals ... mixed..etc

4. Alsburry

Alsburry Thread Starter

Hi, I am going to upload a few pics now. I would like to go with the mixed tank.

5. KeeganP

KeeganP

6. Alsburry

Alsburry Thread Starter

[​IMG]

My Oscar Jim is in the pic as well. you can see the overflow in the back round, sorry about the bad pictures, I took them with my phone.
    [​IMG]

This is the top of the overflow, I have everything needed for the current fresh water setup routed through the holes cut for the overflow.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View from the front, note the child proofing, hehe. Also no substrate in the tank as I had a huge snail infestation. I want to change this stand, I dont like it all that much, also I think by making it a bit better I will be able to fit a large sump.
    [​IMG]

Then I have this crack on the front two corners of the tank. What could have caused this? Can I repair it? The tank does not leak at all.

Recent Posts