NO3 - PO4 - X Use?

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by NitroNarcer, 5 Aug 2013.

1. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer

Hi all

I have started using Red Sea NO3-PO4-X on my tank and its making the water kind of cloudy. I wanted to know if this is normal? Does the water need to cloud up before it works? On the glass it makes sort of a thin white layer.

My tank is 100 l with a sump of about 50 l. I am dosing 2 ml everyday. Can someone please tell me if I am doing this correctly?

Thank you.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Albert Terego

Albert Terego

Dear NitroNarcer,

I think you are dosing to much and are getting bacterial blooms.

Cut back to 0.5ml/100l, and then gradually ramp up the quantity you dose. i.e. increase by 0.5ml every week until you get to the recommended dosage level. This should sort out your issues.

4. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer Thread Starter

@ Albert Terego. Thank you very much. Will try it out. Hope it works. I have heard great things about this product and just want it to work for me.

5. Reefhead

Reefhead

Do you have a descent sized skimmer? IMO this product (any carbon dosing) only works well with a skimmer rated larger than what the tank actually is.

6. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer Thread Starter

I am running a Reeftek TS2. Which I think is rated up to 700-800l. So it should work without a problem

Recent Posts